Bruce Lee: The Lost Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruce Lee: The Lost Interview

Unless you worship Bruce Lee, do not buy this dvd. The dvd's main feature is an interview with Bruce Lee on some TV show. It basically goes for about a half hour with the guy asking Bruce questions like "how has fame affected your life" and of the sort and then Bruce always says something philosophical but sounds really off topic, well at least to me it did. Maybe its a philosipher thing. The interview itself is pretty boring, doesn't reveal anything we don't know already. Everything he said on the interview is in his books anyway.

And then the dvd's special feature is an hour long interview with William Cheung just telling stories about Bruce Lee that everyone knows already, if you've seen enough Bruce Lee documentaries. Him shooing away students so he can have private lessons, him getting expelled from school because he wasn't 100% chinese, blah blah. And then theres that screen test where Bruce shows the camera "kung fu" by pretending to punch and kick some old guy. And a phone interview Bruce did for some radio station with still pictures of Bruce in the background. *YAWN*.

I think the main reason that this dvd is so uninteresting is that everything that is included on the dvd we already know, the man's life has been told so many times they can no longer dig up facts about it that can interest us. The producers are at a point where they can produce a whole dvd with a half hour footage of Bruce Lee and people will pay $20 or so for it. And by the way the quality of said interview is very bad, black and white with poor sound quality and there are no subtitles. Some of times you just hear them mumbling. I'm not dissing Bruce here, just dissing the countless dvds made after him. I think we cannot cover his life any further, the only fact that could interest us is the reason behind his death. Yes I know it was the swelling of the brain, but I'm talking about if there was any foul play or if it was just because he overworked himself. We never got a factual answer, just a bunch of newspaper rumours.

*sigh*

Comment

Alas, the Bruceter is not so interesting now...
      I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.

Comment

If that's the same interview that I'm thinking of, then anybody interested in it could see most of it for free, with a lot of other stuff too if they keep their eyes on the Discovery Channel or The Learning Channel. They have a special called Bruce Lee: A Warriors Journey, or something like that, and they air it from time to time. Unless they've been keeping a bunch of secret videos of Bruce fighting in underground deathmatches, and they were finally uncovered, we aren't going to get any new footage or info on him. I hope nobody's waiting for it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X