• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen
    :angel11:
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beneath Contempt
      I don't know the truth about this latest episode (Drew), but I am personally steering clear because the only real response that his initial post is looking for is a big communal dick-sucking.

There seem to be loads of threads where the starter intentionally or unintentionally attracts loads of back-slapping, way-to-go, attaboy posts, very often from people who haven't a fucking clue either who he is or what he's just achieved.

If I start a thread now saying "Roger Gracie just gave me my black belt", I can bet I'll get twenty posts saying "Congrats" and "Awesome", but some of them would be from people who have never grappled in their lives, or who have never read a post of mine before (ergo, would have no clue if I even do BJJ).
      Not true. Why would anyone congratulate you? You're...

(Just kidding)

I don't see what's wrong with that type of reaction, BC. Sure, the guy may be full of shit, but many of the posters said, "Well, if you're not full of shit, good job." Don't you think coming out of the Bullshido arena is a good thing? Thus a reformation would be worth a positive sanction, yeah?

I could be wrong, but I think that sort of accolade encourages position action. There's a benefit to being on the right side, you know? If a long-time poster here, say, Omega, suddenly and seriously claimed to shoot energy balls out of his hands, no one would post, "Hey, attaboy!" The community would react negatively.

I can't say it's suprising or stupid to respond warmly to an admission of Bullshido. You know that "Scratch a cynic, and you find a disappointed idealist" saying? I think that's the nature of Bullshido. We don't want to find all these martial artists full of bullshit, we like martial arts. We think they're super-keen. So when we find so much of MA to be bullshit, we're disappointed. In that disappointment, you find Bullshido, an attempt to root out nonsense in MA and keep things clean, so we can be happy with our hobby/profession/toy/interest/whatever.

Comment

I don't know the truth about this latest episode (Drew), but I am personally steering clear because the only real response that his initial post is looking for is a big communal dick-sucking.

There seem to be loads of threads where the starter intentionally or unintentionally attracts loads of back-slapping, way-to-go, attaboy posts, very often from people who haven't a fucking clue either who he is or what he's just achieved.

If I start a thread now saying "Roger Gracie just gave me my black belt", I can bet I'll get twenty posts saying "Congrats" and "Awesome", but some of them would be from people who have never grappled in their lives, or who have never read a post of mine before (ergo, would have no clue if I even do BJJ).
        Bravo. Bullshido needs more critical thinkers.
        Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

Wow, that is SO cool that Roger Gracie just gave you a black belt!
          "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Drew, don't feed the trolls.

One day you'll learn to appreciate 'fools.
            Hell, he's probably one of the best gimmicks on the 'net.
            You say what about my rice?

Comment

For those that didn't know, the reformed one is a fat (like 300+ pounds), out of shape rent-a-cop who would blindly follow the neo-cons into ww3. He aslo received his higher education by getting a degree from a mail order bible college. His jkd is from Gary Dill, who we all know will sell you your certificate for a fist full of greenbacks. Howe will always be full of bullshido.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Morbius
                For those that didn't know, the reformed one is a fat (like 300+ pounds), out of shape rent-a-cop who would blindly follow the neo-cons into ww3. He aslo received his higher education by getting a degree from a mail order bible college. His jkd is from Gary Dill, who we all know will sell you your certificate for a fist full of greenbacks. Howe will always be full of bullshido.
                aaaaaand who are you, with all of your wonderful insight?

`~/
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Morbius

DAD.....?
                  :car8:

Comment

Drew is Kungfoolss' BROTHER? Whoa, this could be just like that shitty Jean Claude Van Damme film!

(BTW, I know you didn't mean genetic brother; I'm being humourous).
                    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
                    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Comment

Originally posted by HAPKO3
                      Drew, don't feed the trolls.
                      That's pretty good advice. . .on any forum.

`~/
                      sigpic

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X