Confessions of a "former" Bullshido Artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confessions of a "former" Bullshido Artist

First, I do have a legit black belt rank in Jujitsu, Kempo and JKD.
    Last edited by Reformed One; 1/13/2008 3:24pm, .
    :car8:

Wow, this would really make a good article!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

I'd be interested. Anyone want to take the work onto themselves?

Comment

Good job with coming clean and all. I just have a question for you Reformed One.

Were you ever scared that someone would come over and mess your shit up? Seriously?

Cause I know how the BJJ community could be and Im sure that they would of been pissed about people lying about rank. Especially 4th dan!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeddy
          I'd be interested. Anyone want to take the work onto themselves?
          Moron....I'm asking him to do a comprehensive article, just to collaborate his other thread, other posts and this one. It's his story to tell, but at the current I don't know if our friend Drew is ready to do it. On his time.
          Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Comment

black belt in JKD? can you elaborate on how you got this?

thanks

Comment

I have some questions:

Since BJJ-black belts are so easily verified (esp. a 4th dan, which implies around 20 years of training in a style where black belts are still rare), did it ever happen that someone confronted you about it? Where did the techniques you taught come from? What did you say you taught, and how many students did you have?

I know you might not want to put your past mistakes out there for all to see, but I'm very curious about this. Again, I'd like to say that I really respect you.
              I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
              -Phil Elmore

Comment

Originally posted by fernando
                black belt in JKD? can you elaborate on how you got this?

thanks
                I should have said "instructor rank," not black belt, although Gary Dill used to issue black sash rank in his JKD program for senior level students that weren't on an instructor track. That was about 14 years ago, I don't know what he does now.
                :car8:

Comment

i know randy bloom emailed you and called the jitsu federation that gave the rank and asked for their credentials and they pretty much told him to f off.

Comment

Cause I got to tell you, I'd be scared that Renzo or some other crazy R. Gracie would come for my ass!! The martial arts has changed so much in the last years since the UFC's started. People are testing themselves, calling out others to verify their styles, and I see a lot less 'room' for people to be making false claims nowdays. I know the shit still happens but things are a lot different now. Peoples games have just changed so much, since the days of "I have xxx rank in this".

I plan on opening a school once Im high enough rank. And once I feel as though Im good enough in all the ranges of combat. Cause even though it wouldnt happen often, I would feel like a idiot trying to teach someone how to fight, if they have more knowledge than I do - and could whoop my ass!
                    Last edited by 5FingazofDeath; 12/24/2004 3:23pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by 5FingazofDeath
                      Cause I got to tell you, I'd be scared that Renzo or some other crazy R. Gracie would come for my ass!!
                      No doubt. To put that in context a 4th faixa preta in BJJ means:

You out rank:Your the same rank as:
                      Carlson Gracie Jr., John Machado, Rolker Gracie, Pedro Carvalho and Marcos Vinicius di Lucia

Your one rank below:
                      :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
                      Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
                      Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Comment

Hey, I know this is off-topic, but are you really a monkey?
                        Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

Originally posted by RedElvis
                          No doubt. To put that in context a 4th faixa preta in BJJ means:

You out rank:Your the same rank as:
                          Carlson Gracie Jr., John Machado, Rolker Gracie, Pedro Carvalho and Marcos Vinicius di Lucia

Your one rank below:
                          That's You're you damned commie!
                          Don't forget mention of one Mr. W. Silva.

Comment

Kudos to you Drew for dropping the Bullshido.

I wonder if we could take this one step further and make a psuedo-documentary out of the process that Drew outlined.

The project could take the following steps:

1. Get video at a throwdown of my "skill". I don't thoroughly suck, but I am not at any level where I should be running my own school or founding my own style.
                            2. Get video of the "application process" and receipt of the certifications, exposing the associations.
                            3. Post the video (here?) for all to see.

Am I just going overboard? Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Prancer
                              Wow, this would really make a good article!
                              http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=19824&page=7
                              Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

Working...
                              X