Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School finding head aches (A few questions.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School finding head aches (A few questions.)

I've been searching on the net the past 4 days for Ninjutsu school and i've had the worse luck. I am just wondering if I should trust the net or try looking in the phone book and asking at the Martial Arts supply stores?

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

You could post the general area you're looking in and see if any members know of a school in your area.

Comment

Uh Columbus Ohio... any one know of a good school in Columbus Ohio

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

Comment

Its obviously invisible to those not trained in the mystic art.

--------
        Master of Lay Ze Do
        --------
        The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
        - Pizdoff

Comment

Hey... how far is Daytona from your place? Stephen Hayes have a dojo there. (It is not call anything like ninjustu, it is call Shin Do). Also asking weapons store manager is a very good local.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
          I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

Consider yourself lucky you haven't found a ninjitsu academy. Your saving yourself some money.
            "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

PeeDee, not all ninjitsu academy are bogus. Some are real... If you thinks all of them are a joke, why don't you go and try fight Hatsumi Masaaki, Genkisudo, or Stephen Hayes (He adjust his skills so much that he end up call it Shin Do) and come back and tell us if you manage to last few seconds with any of those guys who have trainned brutally for most of their life. Also not all ninjitsu school wear black uniform like as you see in movie or something. Some of them are even down to earth. But if they are trying to be mystic or osmethiing then forget it!

By the way, Omen, try look Taijustu (sp?) up. It is ninjitsu hands to hands combat. Also if you see any Harakure Ryu school, check it out (they break off from ninjitsu). Other ninjitsu school you may will want to check is Bushin ninjitsu (For your information, it also break off from ninjitsu branch BUT it is almost all dance with lot of flipping and fancy kicks and very little fighting today). Also you will have to do a lot of research to find specific name because some ninjitsu school uses another name to avoid ninja who flip out and chop head off image.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
              I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

alright I'll do that thanks for the help

Comment

No problem, good luck and let me know what you find.

Comment

Here is a real Ninjitsu school:

-------------------------
                    Clap your hands everybody,
                    if you got what it takes
                    'Cause I'm Kurtis Blow
                    and I want you to know
                    that these are the breaks!
                    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Comment

Knowing how to fight and calling your style "ninjutsu" does not make you a ninja. It makes you pretentious.

But, hey, you can fight.

Love the cartoon.

(board breaks with a kick)
                      "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
                      -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
                      Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

That is the reason some ninjitsu school uses another name to avoid ninja who flip out and chop head off image. Honestly I thinks ninjustu (and any school relate to it) have a pretty good hands to hands combat system as long as they don't pretend to be a mystic ninja or something.

Comment

Ninjutsu is a specific (probably dead) martial art. If you aren't teaching actual ninjutsu, but claiming you are, then at the very least you are an asshole.

(board breaks with a kick)
                          "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
                          -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
                          Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

"Consider yourself lucky you haven't found a ninjitsu academy. Your saving yourself some money.
                            I agree.
                            "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

So all things considered did you even think beyond "Guy wants to start martial art, he must want to learn how to woop 6 peoples asses at once." Not true I am not in to beat the crap out of people, I want to try ninjistsu because its the martial art I want to study. Not everone is into to marial arts to win UFC, people like to enjoy what their doing ever once and awhile. If want to beat the crap out of people all day long I'd join kick boxing or boxing or some other sport style not ninjistu.

Comment

Working...
                              X