Your All Missing the Point!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your All Missing the Point!!!!

Its not all about countering a technique such as a takedown, it is also about how to avoid that situation. When you use the word counter you presuppose a disadvantage. A counter by definition is a reaction and every reaction is slower than the actual action. eg. Object C moves then object D moves.There is a slight pause albeit fractions of a second. If you wonder why shooting is so effective it is because it forces its opponent to react defensively. I will re-iterate my theory: to counter a takedown or a punch.....ATTACK FIRST!!! put the pressure on your opponent, make him be on the defensive, put him on his heels. Do not not allow him to be on the offense. The man can't shoot if he's getting punched in the face or if you shoot first. This should be your attitude regardless of what discipline you train in. No matter what anybody says offense is easier then defense. ie. throwing 10 consecutive punches versus blocking 10 consecutive punches. 1 will eventually slip through. Throwing a double leg take down is way easier then dodging it. The 'First-strike' in a fight is the most important because that opens the person up for a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th hit. Is this not logical?

Too bad about those silly courts and issues of assult.

**Oh my god! I don't wanna go to THE STREET mommy! All the mean crazy psycho ninjas pick on me and take my lunch money.**

Comment

Outkast, what if you repeat punches like 3 or 4 time without seriously injuring the person and the person know you are gonna to do it again. Suddenly your arm got hooked onto opponent's arm and got sweep down then stomp into the nose and got caught in arm bar and end up with a discloate elbow. Or in Silat case, you tried to throw bunches of punches, suddenly you thinks you are flying and end up landing on your back and getting knees in face repeatly before you realize that the opponent has throw you down. Your logical is VERY VERY poor one, I have saw many and even spars against many people who throws bunches of punches like mad man and end up losting almost immidately. Throwing 5 punches in a row is absolutely stupid things to do (unless you are a boxer) in a fight because opponent will know it is coming again and have time to prepare to take you down. So your logical don't work.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
      I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

Youre wrong. If you put striking pressure on someone its NATURAL INSTINCT FOR THEM TO CLOSE RANGE. They dont even have to think about it. They just do it and dump your ass on the ground.
        I am just curious, do you guys stand toe to toe when you repeat punches or knees or elbows and so on. By stepping deep enough you'll get sufficiently past him picking a side left or right man can't shoot in if your behind him.NATURAL INSTINCT FOR YOU TO CLOSE RANGE but from different angels. Just a thought.

Comment

Lol, I guess you've only fought in the ring?

Remember the time in the 6th grade where you got your ass-kicked by that 80-pound short-kid? Got BJJ?
          <marquee>Thai Boxing: Been kicking your ass since 1949.</marquee>

Comment

I struck a speed freak who was waving a stick and he was found guilty of assault for holding the stick. In Utah, the law is a trained ma is assumed to hold a legal status of "armed," meaning I already am holding the stick, all the time, as a BB. I had better be able to show good reason for striking.

That said, I don't believe that often "repeat punches like 3 or 4 times without seriously injuring the person'" actually occurs much-I mean I'm gonna be trying to hit collar bone, throat, knee, shin, nose, groin,and while I have got away from the trad. "one strike, one kill" of Jap. Karate, I find that one strike actually has worked fine for self defense, though now I've been more convinced of the wisdom of multiple hits-not repeating several left rights, though, more like elbow, stomp,elbow, kick, knee,sweep and stomp or trap. Love them fast Kempo moves.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
            "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Osiris... do that mean you fights in the street most of the time?

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
              I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

Fatality Dragon, how can u say my logic is flawed when in your argument you clearly show a preconceived notion that the attacker will always be a poor fighter? If roy jones jr. throws a five string combo at you are u gonna block/dodge all of them? are u gonna hook on an arm bar from a standing position? I just think most of you are misinterpreting what i'm saying. My main point is that OFFENSE is EASIER then defense. Osiris, it may be natural to spring out and shoot when under pressure, but it is incredibly hard to do if your getting hit hard. But i'm not saying it can't be done. I dont care how good ur defense is a good striker will hit you. Remember there are an infinite amount of things that can happen in a fight its just that attacking is a much more efficient tactic then waiting to be hit. Put the pressure on your opponent.

Comment

Thats a big side step. There are also sweeps that can be used. Step deep with the inside leg, throw the other around and grab an ankle.
                  I guess you've only fought in the ring!
                  I said noting about a big side step, By stepping deep enough after your first strike! Striking under his sight or from behind It forces its opponent to react defensively . It will work in the street or ring.

Comment

Since when does anybody have time to think about this and that when they are in a fighting situation. Sitting here talking about what is right and wrong is WRONG. Your REACTION drills teach you to react to anything someone comes after you with.

Do you think about catching a pencil if someone throws one at you, NO. Do you think about chewing and swallowing, NO. Do you think about breathing, heartbeat, your stomach digesting it's food, NO.

When you fight, you have to react, if everytime you train, you train like your fighting, your reflex and the way you react will be Mastered and you will prevail.

"When attacked fight, and fight to kill"

Comment

Taifu, you make a good points there. I have a question for you, where would you learn how to reaction? Where would you learn how people fights so you can learn to fights against them better?

Also not all stuff can be learn by having someone charge at you like crazy, it will just teach you how to fights against person who charge at you, but not against someone who will try another method.

Outkast, how often would we face people like Gracie, Chuck, Ortiz, etc... on the street? I am not gonna to train and waste all of my time to be able to fights against those kind of people. Just doing enough to know that I can do better than most average fighters and beat most black belt or skill fighters are just good enough for me. Also not everyone have abilities to strike as hard or as good as Roy Jones. Also I NEVER say arm bar can be done from standning position. I say if a person repeatly hit, they can get caught in a sweep and end up going to ground. So your logical basically would only work against a fighter who is stupid enough to stand still and lets you hit them five time in row.

Comment

What i'm saying is that again, reacting is not as good as actually acting. With regards to the pencil analogy...you can always drop the pencil but you cannot always catch it. Reactions are always slower than the actual action. No matter how much u train ur reflexes you will not be able to stop every single attack thrown at you unless u attack and change your opponents rhythm. Imagine Lennox Lewis bearing down on you throwing a barrage of punches. Will u be able to block them all? or do you have to disrupt his rhythm before you can go on the offensive (If u dont then u will end up trading shots). My point is why wait for that to happen before attacking? Also Fatality Dragon when i say attack i mean both strikeing and shooting. For instance in that wing tsun vs mma video the mmma guy attacked first by shooting.

Comment

Fatlity Dragon i'm talkin about you and me and fighters in general. We should attack and not wait.

Comment

Even the unskilled should attack, blindly even. By attacking u give yourself a chance of landing a shot. By just waiting u negate any chance of hitting the attacker.

Comment

Well yes you got some point right. However sometime it is better to wait before attacking. It all depends on martial arts and moves and people. I am more of a celever fighters, so I will tend to wait to see what person do first. Only time I will attack without waiting is if the opponent seems really slow or worn out. Other than that I will wait to see what they are trying to do so I can strike the weakest spot. If you are a fast rushing in fighter, then I would suggest you to learn some quick tripping or sweeping for your own advantage.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X