Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equipment

All right I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but my god there are 65 pages of threads.

What are some cheap (less than 35 USD) gloves that would be good for both striking and grappling?

I've got some cheap ($10) cloth gloves but they don't provide complete knuckle coverage though they allow good grips. My only other set of gloves are no good for grappling though their great for striking.

The boxergenic style gloves look good but are too pricey for me. Any suggestions?

**Oh my god! I don't wanna go to THE STREET mommy! All the mean crazy psycho ninjas pick on me and take my lunch money.**

Have you check out Fairtex equipument? I have used few and they are awesome, but I have no idea about the price. So you may would want to check out www.fairtex.com (if it don't work please let me know and I will get the rigth link).

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

34.99 for the grappling gloves. You hit the border right on. Anyone here use them? or have any ideas of comparable alternatives?

**Oh my god! I don't wanna go to THE STREET mommy! All the mean crazy psycho ninjas pick on me and take my lunch money.**

Comment

Hey Mr. Clean, try checking out the newest "RING" supply catalogue (sp?).

Comment

taifu,

do you have a website for that? Google didn't help.

Comment

Revgear grappling gloves... www.revgear.com

Go away I'm talking to myself

Comment

www.ringside.com

Comment

I have the fairtex gloves. They are made very well and will hold up. The open palms are nice. If your going to use them for bag or pad work you will want to tape your hands or your knuckles will get burned. I have there bag gloves also whcih are definitely worth the money.

Comment

Thanks all, I'll start looking into all of these options. Keep them coming if you can.

As an additional question for those of you who wear gis:
                  I tend to completely sweat through my gi jacket and pants in every class. I don't care too much but it can cause some site binding. Several friends of mine have worn underarmour and drifit garments in weight and cardio training and are very happy with their ability to keep your other clothes from getting saturated. Anyone here worn either of these items under a gi and if so to what effect.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

I dunno what u train in but Mabey buy a BJJ Gi. There very thick and absorb alot more sweat then traditional thinner Gi's.

Sometimes ppl wear T shirts under their Gi's but I find that I get too hot. Other ppl's sweat doesn't bother me as long as I'm sweating too.

Comment

Heat is one concern I would have about underarmour and the like, I also don't wear a t-shirt underneath.

Thanks, one reason I've hesitated to move to heavyweight gis is the heat and cost, I figure I can rationalize the underarmour for other types of training use.

Comment

They also take a long time to dry

Comment

anyone use the ringside grappling gloves?

I'm not sure I like the way they look (not aesthetically but in keeping people around as sparring partners).

Anyone else use the fairtex, gotta wait until payday but they look good.

Comment

I can't wait to buy black belt from local martial arts store so I can show it off to all of my friends. :-)

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
                            I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

By the way I hope you like your Fairtex gloves. If you don't like it, feel free to email me and I will look for a better one for you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X