Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should be the prices of a good school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should be the prices of a good school?

They school I am looking into is 50$ a month the classes I want to take are two times a week for an hour? is that to high for what a good school uslly costs or discount mcdojo style?

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

High-ish. But that's about what I pay and I think it's worth it. If the instruction is good and you can afford it, it's probably okay.

(board breaks with a kick)
    "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
    -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

It depends on where you live. Where I am, that's dirt cheap.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Edited by - The Wastrel on January 28 2003 01:03:19
      Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

My school charges $70 a month, which allows you to train as many times a week as there are lessons set for whatever level you're in (about 6 set lessons per week in each level, 1 hour duration).

Comment

Just depends on the set-up. I practice in a church so our fees are very low. I pay $20 a month for 3 classes, 3 yoga sessions, 1 weapons class, and an infinete amount of private lessons (assuming there is time in there schedual) a week. Pretty good deal.

Comment

Comment

Depends on the quality of instruction. $70 per month 3 classes per week, 2 hours long each. First time I've found a class that goes 2 hours long -- 1 hour is too short, imo, if you factor in a warm up, to get a really good groove going.

Comment

I've seen schools charge up to $300

Go away I'm talking to myself

Comment

When I used to pay for martial arts, I paid about 80$ per month, with no extra fees except occassionaly an extra hand-wrap or a shin-guard. And we usually train at our dojo, and when the weather is nice we usually hike for a few miles, before returning back to class.

And I trained about 20 hours a week, from about 4-8 every week-day.

Remember the time in the 6th grade where you got your ass-kicked by that 80-pound short-kid? Got BJJ?
                    <marquee>Thai Boxing: Been kicking your ass since 1949.</marquee>

Comment

At almost every San Soo place I've gone to, it was $60-80/month for 21 hours a week of classes.

Comment

I guess I'll call them see if I can tell if they have quality instructors. Really wish I could find a ninjistu dojo but I want to take JKD also. I guess you take what you can get.

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

Comment

Yeah...ninjitsu...
                          The best price is free, keep that in mind.
                          And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Ummm ... Omen ... there ain't no such thing as JKD. (sarcasm alert)

(board breaks with a kick)
                            "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
                            -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
                            Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

lol ok its not short for Jeet Kune do? (sarcasm meter implodes)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X