Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEST LINKS/URL'S POST YOUR FAVORITE SITES HERE

??????
    Last edited by baltasargracian; 4/25/2004 7:14am, .

?
    Last edited by baltasargracian; 4/25/2004 7:15am, .

Comment

Um, that "No Nonsense Self Defence" sight is kinda stupid. But I liked having the other ones -- good idea.

(board breaks with a kick)
      "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."

-- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
      Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

JKDC,
        I thought you were all into Marc MacYoung?

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
        Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Actually, I've never heard of the guy before.

Here's a good JKD site, though:

http://www.cocoonathletics.com/

The Video section has lots of good clips of a couple of the instructors at some demo in a mall, doing stand up and ground.

(board breaks with a kick)
          "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."

-- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
          Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

I read through most of the stuff on that site. Here's my take on most of it..."Duh!" Of course, he's already dealt with that by saying that those of us who think that what he says is merely sensible are deluded into thinking that his ideas have always been around.
            Ultimately, he does an effective job of tearing a bunch of stuff down in preparation for selling you his series of video tapes and books. Hmmm...

(Reference to MacYoung site)

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Edited by - The Wastrel on January 25 2003 23:15:18
            Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

WWW.fightauthority.com
              This site has got some pretty sweet clips of all kinds of stuff, but honestly I dont really like the site, have to be a member and stuff to dl things (its free though), and it freezes my comp sometimes.
              BUT, some really cool vids.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
              -Ghandi

Comment

?
                Last edited by baltasargracian; 4/25/2004 7:19am, .

Comment

http://www.freedom2000net.com/userpages/bordenm/Library/Articles/Instructorsmanual.html
                  (A MARTIAL ARTS INSTRUCTOR MANUAL - basic)

Comment

I read through most of the stuff on that site. Here's my take on most of it..."Duh!"
                    Shut up faggot! That guy's powerful and moving essay on "Why You Might Get Hurt In A Fight" steered me away from my foolish ambitions to become a professional streetfighter (?) like most young karate students (??). I also learned that if I ever end up facing a street fighter, it's because I'm an asshole. This guy is the best self-defense teacher in the world.

Have you ever seen a turtle get down?
                    Slammin', jammin' to the new sweet sound?
                    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

Boyd, yes I personally enjoyed animal's essays and articles as well, and found between the lines, some very wise words indeed. I guess it is all relative to who you are as an individual, and where you are at (jaded or otherwise).

any URL's?

Comment

http://www.mfat.co.uk/

http://www.bjj.org/techniques/

http://www.fas.org/

Comment

http://www.fighttraining.com

Have you ever seen a turtle get down?
                          Slammin', jammin' to the new sweet sound?
                          Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

I'm with Boyd on both counts. The Animal's site was completely laughable (Baltasargracian look for a "high level" (i.e. 'closed door') manual on sarcasm)

and the fact that Fighttraining.com is the single most useful site I've ever seen.

Edit: After a closer look at Marc's site, i've decided he needs to die a VERY painful death. What a stupid bastard.

Edited by - Fisting Kittens on January 26 2003 13:17:01

Comment

baltasargracian- I thought the psychology of killing article was very interesting ( from http://web.qx.net/warcat/MilSF/MilitaryScienceFiction.htm ). I forget the name of that officer who made a studied during WW2 on the amount of men who didnt want to shot their gun or to kill. It was quite high.
                              I remember years ago about reading that most soldiers have a very hard time killing when confronted with an enemy watching him eye to eye. With the tool of modern propaganda (a.k.a. the Media!) it has become alot easier. As one person said "in order to do evil you have to believe what you do is good".

PEACE!
                              Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X