X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aikido is main defense in murder trial

This is, well, wow!
    www.dailyprogress.com

Interesting story. Here's the link to the exact one, so we don't lose it when the frontpage of the news site changes:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/servlet...79036353&path=

Comment

Wow, that is a whole lot of speculation.

Comment

If Aikido can allow you to make someone stab himself 18 times, why couldn't you make him drop the fucking knife instead? I think VA jurors are going to have a really hard time swallowing this one, since the average person is borderline retarded anyway.

Comment

I give you defense exhibit B. The Steven Seagal movie, Out for Justice. Note the number of wounds the bad guy recieves, thus proving aikido can cause you to murder someone in true serial killer fashion. All purely in self defense.
          Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Comment

What a costly, poorly constructed defense. :tard:
            One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Clearly practicing aikido and carrying a large knife makes you deadly to the untrained.

Originally posted by Stickx
              It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
              Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Comment

The "stabbed himself" theory doesn't do much to explain away clustered stab wounds.

~~M.C. Busman

Comment

I can imagine it... "Now that I've stabbed him and he's lost a pint of blood, all those other aikido techniques seem to work much better. Let's see if I can do a sankyo too... [stab] yeah, that was fun, again... [stab] cool... [stab]"
                  There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Comment

Move over Twinkie Defense! We now have the Aikido Defense! "If the arm does not bend, you must acquit!"

If Aikido is your first line of defense, you better go find another, quickly. :qright6:
                    Kung fu is translated as "stand around and talk."

Comment

He would be better off using the "soddi" defense.
                      One Somali Pirate.

Comment

SODDI=>"Some other dude did it"
                        TODDI=>"That other dude did it"

Mr. Mantis, you talk the talk, do you walk the walk? Are you a tilecrawler as well?
                        Kung fu is translated as "stand around and talk."

Comment

Wouldn't a fair better defense be "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, my client practices Aikido and therefore couldn't hurt anyone. He's harmless. Look at him, chanting over there and rubbing a crystal on his chakras. Shh, don't frighten him."
                          I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Comment

You know it my slimy collegue.
                            One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Ha!! That guy would have to be an aikido master to pull off anything even remotely close to that.....and, as was already said, if he was so good why didn't he make him drop the damn knife in the first place and content himself with throwing that guys ass through the pavement. What a lame explanation. The most aggravating thing is the other aikidoka trying to explain that as though it could have happened that way....does no justice to the art.....

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X