Anybody ever hear of Vladimir Vasiliev?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody ever hear of Vladimir Vasiliev?

No bone to pick...just doing some research and came across the name for Russian MA and knife fighting. Anybody know anything about this guy?

When the topic of Russian Martial Arts come up, the names Scott Sonnon and Vladimir Vasiliev inevitably are mentioned. Coach Sonnon is part of ROSS, "the training system of Russian Martial Art researched and formulated by the RETAL (Russian Combat Skill, Consultant Scientific and Practical Training) Center endorsed and approved by the International and All Russian Federation of Russian Martial Art, which is sanctioned and authorized by the National Olympic Committee of Russia as the sole official representative of Russian Martial Art within Russia and Worldwide." Scott Sonnon is also a former Sambo champion and an accomplished martial artist who now focuses on "performance enhancement" -- principles and training programs through which any martial artist can become better.

Vladimir teaches "Systema," which is not ROSS. I know relatively little about Systema by comparison to Coach Sonnon's work, though I've recently acquired several of Vladimir's tapes and will eventually review them. There is no animosity between the Sonnon and Vasiliev, but quite often fans of one dislike fans of the other -- something the two men find unnecessary.

Several people have criticized Vladimir for peddling a lot of psychic no-touch-knockover mumbo jumbo -- something I cannot personally confirm but that I have heard from several sources and believe to be true. Claims like these harm his credibility quite a bit.

If you're interested in Russian martial arts, I strongly suggest you check out Coach Sonnon and ROSS at http://www.rmax.tv .

Comment

I've got a video on my hard drive that I'm too lazy to look up which features a Russian martial artist named Vlad doing a lot of insane no-touch bullshit, so I'm pretty sure those claims are true.

who are you other than some PEA in a POD! go take a karate class you DYKE!

--Jamoke
      Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

I posted about an ad he runs in a black belt magazine. His system sounds a bit fishy and too good to be true though, some extraordinary claims like SCARS ads that I don't whether if I should laugh or feel pity for some of the lunacy he exaggerates in his ad. Though, the "Russian Bitch Slap" that supposedly can take out multiple opponents in one slapping motion has gotta be the funniest shit I have seen in a while.

Comment

Well... it looks like we are going back to old time where people says "Let me show you the China way", "Let me show you the Philipine way", "Let me show you the Japan way", blah blah blah. There are even Israel fighting system, africa fighting system, etc... now. This just disgust me because where a fighting system come from doesn't make it any better at all! So if any dojo say "(insert a country name here) dojo" I would not even go close to it. Bruce Lee would have laughed at those kind of names if he was still alive.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
          I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

"So if any dojo say "(insert a country name here) dojo" I would not even go close to it"

Brazilian Jiujitsu

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
            Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Nippon Kenpo
              Greco-Roman Wrestling

Comment

Thai boxing.

who are you other than some PEA in a POD! go take a karate class you DYKE!

--Jamoke
                Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

SP, thanks for all the info! I'm in the middle of reviewing the sites now...would you be willing to post your review of the tapes here? I'd be very interested in viewing.

Say, it'd be pretty cool if we had a thread dedicated to the review of training tapes.

Comment

Working...
                  X