Special Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Request

Could somebody who is a good fighter PLEASE enter a prominent NHB or pseudo NHB, and at least CLAIM TKD as your style...and win? Please? I would really like to pay a little less for my BJJ.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Do what I do. Join a judo club because judo clubs are FUCKING CHEAP, and then ask some of the BJJ guys to roll with you. There's always guys who know more than you that are willing to roll so you keep learning BJJ FOR FREE, and learning judo. My typical week has 6.5 hours of judo (and my club is REALLY into groundwork) 3 hours of ju-jutsu, 3 to 4 hours of stand-up work, and then I fill in the extra conditioning whenever I can, usually another couple of hours. I get what I need this way for CHEAP, all I pay for my training is 25 bucks a semester. Sure I'd love to focus more and spend more time on BJJ and more time on my striking skills but the bottom line is I am a poor student and this is what I can afford. Whenever I get rich I can afford the name brand training until then, I'm doing just fine. I don't get the ranks but I don't fucking care as long as I get the skills.

Comment

how much are you BJJ classes (class/average)?
      "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

First of all, there is little in Stockton that is remarkable outside of this BJJ and the Escrima clubs. There's no Judo and the JJJ is pretty lame. Everything else is pretty much thorougly McDojo. Second, my teacher competes. Third, the class is really small, and I get a lot of good instruction. Third, I live in California, so when I tell you how much it costs you're going to think it's a lot, but it's not that bad....$80 a month.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
        Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

That's not bad at all. What's the name of the school (just curious, I might have seen them at one of JJ Machado's tournaments)?
          "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
          "Shadow Box"

Comment

LMAO! when I live in Washington DC I took two months of Hapkido and spent WHOLE moneys on it and suffer everyday (inculde missing dinner every night) just to go all way across city to practice 6 days a week. However I was forced to quit after got 150 dollars in fine for hiding in my closet during fire alarm lol. I am willing to live a poor life if I can still learn martial arts. The secret is to find a school that will allows you practice there closely everyday and as many hours as you want to every day and once that happen, you will forgot that you have a house or another life lol.

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
            I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

Hmmm...I don't think it has a name. Steve Heath and Nick Diaz are part of the Cesar Gracie fight team. You can see them on my profile or at www.graciefighter.com

Comment

FatalityDragon: I have different goals in life, and I don't think it's too expensive at all. What's minimum wage in California now? $6.25 an hour? It wouldn't matter if I could train there 24 hours a day; between a part time job, 16 units on the quarter system, living with a girl and a new puppy, I couldn't do it anyway. The guys there don't teach as their sole source of income, which I actually like. In addition to their jobs, they also fight professionally and teach in the evenings. They have a great work ethic. To be honest, as much as I think people need to train often and hard in order to fight, I find this differs quite a bit among people. I think I'm perfectly fine at three days a week, two hours a day. I pick things up really quickly, I'm in excellent shape, and I'm very aggressive. Four days a week and I'ma monster.

Comment

"$80 a month" no, that actually a very reasonable price, especially if that's unlimited classes.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

Oh that is cool, I probably would have done the same if I have some girl I really love and a puppy... But for right now I want to become a outstanding fighter (not for any kind of sports or anything but for myself) before I become too old. 80 dollars a month is what I paid, however after paying for transport (it is IMPOSSIBLE to drive in Wash DC) and foods, it will cost about 300 dollars a month. After that I have only 50 dollars left for myself and of course it go to paying for fine for one of pranks I play on poeple.

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
                    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

My slight predjudice against BJJ is mainly just that the only school I've bumped into was in San Francisco and was asking $150/month and that was with just a set number of classes you could attend. Like twice a week or something. If you wanted more classes you had to pay even more. Jeez.

I was really thinking about taking it up on the side untill I saw the price tag.

BAH ! Puny Humans !
                      Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Comment

Wastrel hits a good point,

I trained 6-7 days a week (different arts, so different muscles stressed) for a long time...and loved it, but it's not sustainable. I still train 5-6 nights a week, but fewer hours per night. I find I actually learn MORE now, because I'm more focused, more serious and more efficient in my learning.

Ok, since BJJ seems to be the focus of grappling here, I want to ask about alternatives that art cheaper but still effective? I train traditional Aiki/JJJ, but I'm not as happy with the grappling game (my throwing is great, although I tend to focus on a handful of good throws because I don't feel it's nearly as important as my standup/ground games).

I've been told Sambo is really good, but I know virtually nothing about it. Any other grappling arts that may be cheap but effective? (I live in Toronto, a highly multicultural city in Canada...so I'm willing to bet I can find almost ANY art here...)

Regards,
                        CrimsonTiger

"I would never, in my life, wear black silk underwear" -Classic JCVD
                        Regards,
                        CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
                        One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
                        Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

Your NEVER going to find a TKD school like that man....
                          "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

BJJ in England isn;t all tha expensive at all, you should try to find a less expensive BJJ school if possible, not just do another art because it's less expensive.

Comment

how do you know?

"If attacked fight, and fight to kill"

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X