San Da , anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A CMA university?

I wasn't there but that's what it sounds like. In Xi'an they have a "physical education university" the 'Tiyu Xueyuan'. A lot of Sanda fighters come out of there. They also have courses in western boxing, wrestling, standardized wushu and regular university courses like English, History and Chinese.

He had insight on MA,or the CMMA~~~
    However if I am not wrong he DID NOT invent Mizongquan,it is his family art passed down~~~

You're probably right about Mizongquan. It's not for nothing I mentioned it was an 'apocryphal' history. In other words, Huo Yuan Jia is such a polular folk hero it can be tricky sometimes keeping the movie version of his life clear from the historical version. But I do like that we can add him to the list of things China invented. lol. They invented everything right? Now we can add MMA to that.

Huo Yuan Jian invented MMA training in 1928. (kidding!!!)

sanda,despite some similarities with MT,is different from MT in many ways~~~

That's another one of the reasons it's so silly call it a knock off from MT. I've trained both so I am pretty aware of some of the differences.

Chuo jiao,not shuai jiao~~~ :evil5:
    It is a predominantly kicking MA utilizing the sole,tip and instep of the foot~~

I think I actually have that in my list but I didn't recognize the character so I skipped it....:lookround

Anyway that is not totally the case.When he won the taiji master Wu Jian Quan accused him of using western boxing. Zhu issued a challenge to him but Wu backed down~~~

haha hha a haha ah a......*sigh*

He is the deputy dean of the CMA institution in China during Mao's time,and he formulated the modern wushu changquan that we saw today~~~
    Despite that he and his father were badasses,their family MA is Hua quan(a style of long boxing);his father was the bodyguard and MA instructor of Sun Yat Sen while he himself supposedly kicked the ass of two Western boxers from US and Russia~~~
    Cool.

Could you post the Characters for his name. I'm kind of interested in doing a search on him now.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Comment

Okay,here's his Chinese name:蔡龙云
      Here's some website:
      http://www.dreambeauty.net/longyun.htm
      "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
      - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Comment

Originally posted by Thaiboxerken
        No, but they should. Then again, everyone on the internet is a tuff guy.
        Actually , I just thought it was the Sportfighters . Usually the ones with less than 20 fights , and/or under the 170s in Weight Class ...

Which doesn't matter to a wrestler, as long as they have control of the opponent and take them down.

The san shou rules don't allow a wrestler's style fireman's where one knee of the shooter is on the ground.

As long as the opponent falls first.

As long as the opponent falls first.

As long as the shooters knees don't touch the ground and the opponent falls first.

You can only score with a small percentage of wrestling takedowns and only if the opponen lands first or your knees don't touch ground.

Yep, as long as you land on top of the other guy..........
        I dont really understand what youre getting at here . You said that Wrestling Techs arent allowed . I pointed out ones that Ive scored with . Im not a Wrestler , but I could do them cleanly enough , even as a kid , to get the points . Whats the Issue ? That they dont allow Halfassed techs ?

I doubt it. Heck, I've never seen an attempt at submission in San Da or San Shou. Would a standing "guillotine" be legal?

In theory , yes . Practically its pretty freaking hard to lock in tight in Boxing Gloves and maintain when somone can Suplex your ass or rattle you off the Ropes .

Comment

Originally posted by The Wastrel
          I really can't believe that my defense of the clip is resulting in yet another Djimbe flame tirade. Further devolving, I might add, into yet another accusation of anti-Chinese bias. Way to go.
          LoL~~~
          anti-sanda=anti-Chinese?
          "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
          - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Comment

I really can't believe that my defense of the clip is resulting in yet another Djimbe flame tirade. Further devolving, I might add, into yet another accusation of anti-Chinese bias. Way to go.

Dude , get over it . We STAERTED OUT with a "STFU" wich has since been mitigated even by the person that first said it . No one is flaming anyone .

Why would you WANT to say something like that when actually theres some pretty good discourse going on here , and its not only not DEvolving , the attitude/mood is in fact getting lighter ?

ANd I CERTAINLY havent flamed ANYONE .

Comment

Don't worry, Pimpocrates. Djimbe can get flamed in Helsinski in the middle of the winter.
              Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Comment

What the hell, I'll give it another shot.
                Originally posted by Djimbe

Oh , and who is this , these Top-Level people ? I didnt know that anyone that I wold see as "Top Level" was even on Western Radar !
                I seem to recall a lot of defense of John Wang awhile back for one.

The underlying premise of my statement was "People Already Good At Joint Manipulation Pick Up New Joint Manipulation Material Quickly"
                It's not about joint manipulation. Just like striking isn't about the shape of one's fist.

firstly , I think that any legit challenge to your depth of knowledge on FDB would carry the day .
                Likewise your understanding of groundfighting, folk/freestyle wrestling, Greco-Roman wrestling, etc. But wait, I forgot....Having a background in CMAs automatically equips you with a qualified opinion on all aspects of fighting arts. The same is not true for any other system however....

That aside simply claiming that somethign is inferior based on Locale and not having ANY reasning whatsoever is rediculous . Even though its a Throw , heres an Example :

The last Taiji class that I went to at my school was 3 hours on the Firemans Carry . He has 4 ex-Wrestlers in that class , not all of them from the US . NO ONE left that class without learning a Variation that they claimed wasnt superior to something that they had learned before . In fact , the fact that we were Drilling it legitimately with Boxing Gloves on without any Penalty was astounding to all of them . Well , you know , that and the fact that Taiji even HAD the move :wrestlera .
                So now Taiji even has a version of the Fireman's Carry that is superior to that learned by freestyle wrestlers in at least two countries.

I know , thats one of the problems , you make no Distinction , and you throw out that a couple of thousands of systems of MA are all "Equally Poor" , basically . its hard to even take that kind of "Argument" seriously . I mean , aside from the most direct "How Would You Even Know ?" sort of thing Youve shown nothing that would make anyone believe that you have anywhere NEAR the depth of experience with Chinese Martial Arts to make that kind of Blanket Statement ! Youre not dileniating ANYTHING , no schools , systems , techniques , NOTHING ! Its hard to believe that you have the wealth of information required to give a fair assesment when all you know about CMA is the names of a couple pof syustems ... to that end
                I'm not making that argument. If search were working I could pull up a multitude of posts where I argue exactly what appears in your post. "CMAs" has to be the most useless categorization by nation that exists. I was merely entertaining the supposition for the sake of discussion.

Would you like to tell me WICH "Eagle Claw" system (yes , there is more than 1 style of Eagle Claw) it is that you have issue with the Grappling game of and why ? What part of their Structure or Training needs Improvement and why ?
                Yes I know, and no I'm not impressed. And yet again we witness the Djimbe paradox: no one may critique anything that might have a Chinese origin if they have not studied it at least one day longer than D has, and yet he is qualified to make sweeping judgments of arts that he has no experience in. Which is it, Djimbe?

Actually I said no such thing . Firstly , I didnt ay that they werent good . You really need to stop putting things that I didnt say in my mouth .
                Misread you. Post from page one.

I ALLUDED to the fact that they have a tendency to revert to a more Western Movement Style when they put on Boxing gloves . That dosent automatically make them shitty fighters . That just means that American CMA students tend to do that . And I VERY SPECIFICALLY mean AMERICANS , not just westerners or "Non-Chinese" . The last Lei Tai torney I went to the Brazillians and the Puerto Ricans (arent they technically America , sort of ?) DOMINATED the Americans because they DIDNT have such habits .
                Oh man, you are making a sweeping generalization based on place of origin! You broke the rule!

Oh , and America is HARDLY the "Cradle" of standup Grappling .

You MIGHT have made an argument for Greece ...
                I meant now, and I was speaking particularly about freestyle wrestling.
                Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Originally posted by Djimbe
                  Dude , get over it . We STAERTED OUT with a "STFU" wich has since been mitigated even by the person that first said it . No one is flaming anyone .

Why would you WANT to say something like that when actually theres some pretty good discourse going on here , and its not only not DEvolving , the attitude/mood is in fact getting lighter ?

ANd I CERTAINLY havent flamed ANYONE .

"No , it would just make certaim people with Issues of Race or Nationalism feel more comfortable . "

This is the kind of comment that is liable to erupt quite ugli...ly.
                  Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Hadn't seen the clip before, thanks.
                    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

"No , it would just make certaim people with Issues of Race or Nationalism feel more comfortable . "

This is the kind of comment that is liable to erupt quite ugli...ly.
                      Thats so far from a Flame its ludicrous , You said "Djimbe Flamefest" I hardly flame anyone until I feel that theyre just being rediculous , and by that time , im usu not takiong the Thread/Topic very seriously any longer .

And hey , if youre so afraid to be associated with a particular culture or Race that the mere SUGGESTION of the IDEA makes you break into flaming like a little baby , then perhaps you ARE racist ? If not , it wouldnt bother you ?

Comment

But I didn't say anything about standing or ground-grappling. And I don't think Eagle Claw passes this test.
                        Eagle claw is a very good style. What problems do you have with it?

Comment

Fukien Dog Boxing is rediculous , especially that third move there .

Never work .

Comment

Haha, the first two pictures have to be representations of scenes cut from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon because they were too unrealistic amidst all the jumping over buildings and flying between treetops.

The second is the example of how an idiot perfoms an armbar after getting his foot stuck under his opponent in the scramble.

Comment

riight, I'd like to see a clip of yourself since your such an expert. Instead of judging others what can you do?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X