Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

keep beating him up in front of his gf. and then make passes at her. that shud shut him up.

Comment

His g/f knows my g/f, and anyway she is chubby and I am not interested. But the coach did say he will pit me against him next time we spar, to see if he will loosen up a bit (the guy is quite tense when fighting). In that case, I will have to beat the crap out of him, or he will beat the crap out of me - the coach pointed out that he wants no dancing when we spar, he wants the real deal.
      That civilisation may not sink,
      Its great battle lost,
      To a distant post;
      A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Ruin his shit, brother.
        Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

Originally posted by feedback
          Ruin his shit, brother.
          I am afraid I will.
          Its great battle lost,
          To a distant post;
          A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

The best thing you can do for him is give him a category 5 Ass-whupping. He needs to know that everybody knows he is bullshitting. Don't kill him, but make it very clear exactly where he is and what he can (and can't) do. It is sad that you have to help him with his low self-esteem by exposing it, but hopefully he will be able to develop some legitimate self-esteem later.

Hopefully he won't hate you for it.
            And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

Knock him out, nothing is more enlightening than unconciousness.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrapper
                The best thing you can do for him is give him a category 5 Ass-whupping. He needs to know that everybody knows he is bullshitting. Don't kill him, but make it very clear exactly where he is and what he can (and can't) do. It is sad that you have to help him with his low self-esteem by exposing it, but hopefully he will be able to develop some legitimate self-esteem later.

Hopefully he won't hate you for it.
                Its great battle lost,
                To a distant post;
                A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

How entrenched in his bullshit is he, really? If you call him on it, will he flip?
                  And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Comment

Maybe you can just keep kicking him in the thigh so he has a temporarily incapacitating injury to keep his ass from getting even more hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrapper
                      How entrenched in his bullshit is he, really? If you call him on it, will he flip?
                      Its great battle lost,
                      To a distant post;
                      A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Originally posted by samurai_steve
                        Maybe you can just keep kicking him in the thigh so he has a temporarily incapacitating injury to keep his ass from getting even more hurt?
                        That is a possibility. We do use shin guards, however, and last time he got kicked in the thighs he refused to admit he was beaten because he said he could stand it all day...and I am more of a boxer to begin with, he kicks better than I do. I will have to punch him in the head, his hand defenses are not so good.

Mind you, I do not intend to go easy on him - if he beats me, he beats me.
                        Its great battle lost,
                        To a distant post;
                        A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

You know, putting a beatin on him MAY just save his bacon.
                          If he boasts to the wrong guy, some "Wanderlei Silva" type guy, may just lay him out really bad...

Comment

Maybe you should tell your girlfriend ahead of time what the situation is so that she knows the score should his girlfriend complain to your girlfriend about your beating him like a heavy bag.
                            Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Dude, that just sucks... the g/f angle makes it worse. You have two choices. Ignore the B.S. and hope he figures it out on his own, or call him on it hardcore and crush the sad, fabricated shell that is his self-image. Either way, I respect that you won't pull punches on him. Indulging his fantasy will only make it worse.
                              Incidentally, I have a friend exactly like the one you are describing...there is no clean way to fix it. I haven't figured out how to make him stop bullshitting either. But when we spar, I don't pull anything and he always loses pretty bad. He doesn't like it and will often make excuses...and the net day he is bullshitting all over again. If you figure this out, let me know how you did it!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X