training payoff...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

training payoff...?

i was just out with family on saturday... I was standing around trying to keep out of the way, and suddenly i noticed a guy almost leap out of his seat towards me, in no time at all i had pressed down his attacking arm and had my hammer fist about an inch from his face.

And yes, as anticlimactic as this will sound, we didn't hit each other, or do anything else, he just laughed and ended up leaving a few minutes later.

I was scared as shit-- as to what might happen if I didn't hit him-- but in this situation restraint worked much more to my favour..

Anyone ever had that happen? Just having a technique already on its way out as he attacks? Its a good feeling :P Makes me feel gosu! (even though i am not:D)

Had your hammerfist an inch from his face? If you thought he was assaulting you, why the hell didn't you go all the way through?

Comment

I taught my wife some stuff and she managed to choke me out with her legs last week.

training...payback?

Comment

I taught a friend how to takedown, mount, punch, and armbar and a few months later he broke a guy's arm in a bar fight.

Comment

what?

Comment

My friend was in at a bar, a guy punched him, he tackled the guy, mounted, punched, armbarred him, the arm cracked, the guy screamed, my friend walked away with a fat lip.

Comment

And no assault charge?
              Originally posted by pauli
              i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's shit for your own philosophical betterment.

Originally posted by melvin_peebles
              I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Comment

When I can walk into a bank and walk out with all the money and get away with it, THEM my training will have "payed off".

Comment

Aitrus - Where do you live in Canada again?
                  You didn't know this guy? Just some randomness?
                  Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

OH dear god no........ the angels are duplicating

Comment

White Eyebrow would be disappointed in your failure to anniliate your attacker.

In fact, if he were alive, he would probably kill you himself.
                      “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mantis
                        White Eyebrow would be disappointed in your failure to anniliate your attacker.

In fact, if he were alive, he would probably kill you himself.
                        Yep, he phoenix-eye fist your colon right out your throat !

Comment

Ooooo I hate it when that happens!
                          “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

meh.. i am no pak mei :P im just a little one still(compared to most here i assume) :P

It was all friend of family gathering, so it was random in a sense that there was no reason i could see for someone to do that .. i think he was just playing around, maybe trying to see if i knew anything(everyone in my family makes fun of the fact that i do kung fu--so i would say he probably ended up knowing about it).
                            If it wasnt a game it would have continued from there...

why the hell didn't you go all the way through? -- self restraint. I know I could have, and MAY have been smarter to do so if i felt threatened.. but.. i don't really have an explanation :) The look on his face was surprised.. bah.. and I WAS infront of everyone. I was kinda nervous too :P meh.. i dunno!!_!!

lol @ ronin
                            and yes white eyebrow would smack me around like a dirty whore.... ... sounds fun!:D

Comment

Oh you were with family. Figures. I thought the guy just jumped you on the street... him you splat immediately.

Indiscriminately KO'ing distant cousins might be a bad thing, after all. :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X