• Show
Clear All

What is the most effective CMA?

opinions? delusions? evidence?

Rickshaw-do

Comment

From personal experience?

Choy lee fut.

Solid striking style with some wrestling-esqe grappling. The school here turns out some pretty solid fighters.

But then I have little experience with CM besides this and crappy WC.

Comment

The most effective CMA is the one you never learn.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Comment

I knew someone would say that, sad but true :D

Comment

san shou

Comment

Any CMA that emphaise training with practicality in mind, would be a good choice.
              Any CMA that train their practioners to be fighters and not hippes, would be good.
              Any CMA that has a complete curriculm of techniques and principles and that apply them on a regular basis in training, against a fully resisting opponent, would be good.

Comment

San Shou

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                  Thank you captain obvioyus.
                  :D

There is nothing more important than common sense.
                  There is nothing as under-estimated as common sense.

Comment

There is nothing less common than common sense!

Comment

The Kung Fu/Arnis school I used to train at was pretty tough. We did traditional Sil Lum Kung Fu. We also did a lot of ground fighting, throws, joint locks. Once you trained there a while it was all full resistance and a lot of sparring. I was knocked down plenty of times. I really think it depends on the instructor and how well versed they are in different styles.

But what do I know, I am a noob. i will probably get cussed out for this being my first post.

Comment

San Shou/Sanda is the only thing I can think of...

Comment

The only CMA I've sparred against has been Tai-Chi and I have to say it was pretty good. I got thoroughly pwned at the clinch work. Whether the same would apply to Tai-Chi across the board is another matter.
                          Dedicated to legs and the disrespecting thereof.

Comment

school > style

Comment

During the Ching Dynasty, there arose a group of fighters known as the white lotus society, this group, which sought the elimination of the Manchu rule banded together in an effort to throw out the foreign devils. They included a great number of "masters" who in the interest of nationalism and probably the glorification of their ancestors, shared the best training that they had with one another and basically developed a mixed Chinese martial art. These were the humble beginnings which as we come through time suffered great losses in the Boxer Rebellion at the end of foreign guns.

This was not the first consolidation of knowledge, and obviously, when there is such a consolidation, you have a more effective fighting art as a result, to the best of my knowledge.
                              “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X