Muay Thai in Melbourne (Aus)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muay Thai in Melbourne (Aus)

Hi guys, hope this isn't a really dorky question, but I have tried the yellow pages and can't find anywhere that teaches Muay Thai in Melbourne - does anyone know if there is somewhere that does?

what suburb?

Comment

St Kilda PCYC

Comment

You could settle for Kyokuhsin instead.....

quite similar really......
        Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Oh, I'm in South Yarra but willing to travel as my friend I'm wanting to start with is in Altona. But my area would be best ;)

Comment

Tai Pan Muay Thai in greensborough... a bit far
            Muay Thai at the Blitz martial arts centre err canterbury road i think.
            Monash Clayton have a kickboxing class... i think its crap not too sure, just what i heard.
            Try the underworld Gym under Flinders st station, i know they have Kyokushin, I think maybe muay thai too, they have MMA last time i checked.

Comment

Ah cool, thanks heaps, will check it out this week.

Comment

Blitz martial arts centre... If it was me, I'd check it out.

Run by Mark 'The Hammer' Castigni (or something) who, if memory serves me well, was a bad ass back in the day.
                Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
                Scramble Stuff

Comment

I train at Blitz, and yes Kru Mark was a professional fighter and former WKA champion. But most of all he is an excellent teacher without ego. He travels to Thailand regularly to the WMC camp in Koh Samui. Guys from the gym regularly go to Thailand for a bit of a training holiday.

The Blitz centre in Heathmont may just be a bit far from Sth Yarra and Altona!! I hear that he is teaching at Challenge Health Centre in Oakleigh, shortly.

You could try MKK, (www.mkk.com.au) it's in the city, they have kickboxing, but i'm not sure as to how 'Thai' it all is. It's primarily a KK centre.

You could also try Scidas gym in Sunshine or Hoppers Crossing, they train lots of ring fighters.

Do you just want fitness, or to maybe step in the ring one day?? Thai uses all 8 weapons (fists, feet/shins, knee and elbows), whilst kickboxing is usually just kicking and punching, and maybe knees. Thai also incorporates the grapple.

Comment

Johnny, by St Kilda PCYC, is that the Will-Machado BJJ school run by Leigh Impey? Lothene, that sounds like it would be a good opportunity to cross train in some grappling if ya like.

Comment

Re: Muay Thai in Melbourne (Aus)

Originally posted by Lothene
                      Hi guys, hope this isn't a really dorky question, but I have tried the yellow pages and can't find anywhere that teaches Muay Thai in Melbourne - does anyone know if there is somewhere that does?
                      ASTRALLIA??? U CAN JST SPAR WITH KNAGAROOS LMAOLOLOLWTFOMGBRBOKBACKWBTYKTHXBYELOLOL!!!!11one1 1

Seriously, good luck in finding a Muay Thai school. Let us know how it turns out. :)

Comment

Originally posted by BeeVaEeTa

Do you just want fitness, or to maybe step in the ring one day?? Thai uses all 8 weapons (fists, feet/shins, knee and elbows), whilst kickboxing is usually just kicking and punching, and maybe knees. Thai also incorporates the grapple.
                        I'm mainly doing it because I want to fight, but of course I want to get fitter too, but pretty much only so I can fight! hehe
                        I guess for this reason, and I could be wrong, but Muay Thai would be more useful. I want to do JJ too though.

Comment

Re: Re: Muay Thai in Melbourne (Aus)

Originally posted by Jo Vale Tudo
                          ASTRALLIA??? U CAN JST SPAR WITH KNAGAROOS LMAOLOLOLWTFOMGBRBOKBACKWBTYKTHXBYELOLOL!!!!11one1 1

Seriously, good luck in finding a Muay Thai school. Let us know how it turns out. :)

Kangaroos are awesome grapplers!

Comment

As far as I know Oliver Murray, a purple belt was teaching BJJ there, but he's closed down the classes and is now just training at Dominance in Richmond. A guy called Laos (sp?) teaches MT there.

Comment

Does PCYC have a different name? I can't find it in the white pages.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X