Am i a Mcfighter ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am i a Mcfighter ???

Well after having wandered a bit on this site, some questions arised. Don't you think that people will/would use this site to express their legitimacy not to be a mcfighter, or not running a mcdojo ?
    I could make huge amount of money with a MA school, and post replies regularly on this forum. Then i would tell my student : "go check that site, this will prove that i don't try to teach shit".
    It surprised me also that the site has got things to sell ??? What you're feelings about it ?

Last I checked, we were selling T-Shirts, not black belts.

And just posting replies on the forums wouldn't prove anything to anyone who wasn't already brain damaged (Carbon would be convinced, for instance).

But it's a good point. What does anyone else think?

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Even in type, there are people on this board who can still smell bullshit. A good huckster doesn't go anywhere near the people who could sniff him out.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Edited by - The Wastrel on January 09 2003 10:52:04
      Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

That's right! So when I reveal my new self-made style of Ty-Gar-Do, everyone will KNOW it's a hardcore real art because I'll be a "respected" member of this site's community! ;P

Seriously, it's odd, I actually thought of this same issue a couple of days ago while reading some of the replies. How do I know that Wastrel or JKDC's ideas of "hard" are comparable to mine? The simple fact is that no matter what, I can't. Simple cyberspace alone can't be considered a validating tool. Actual physical achievements are needed. All we can really ascertain here is that someone is 1) Intelligent 2) Coherent and 3) Theoretically Educated...but that doesn't mean they are CAPABLE or RECOGNIZED in any way.

In any case...keep your eyes open for my great new art, and the series of videos, pictures, mpegs and "Dummy's Guide To" books I'll be releasing. *snicker*

Regards,
        CrimsonTiger

"You sure talk a lot. Are you going to train at all tonight, or just stand there the whole time?" -Sempai Dale
        Regards,
        CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
        One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
        Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

That would be pathetic; an MA school using a website to try and prove it's legitimacy is illogical: you would need to see recommendations from other people, martial artists and use your own opinion. Be as critical as you can, even cynical in trying to prove that your martial arts' place is a good one.
          "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

Well ANYONE can lie about ANYTHING.

If you came here and posted, what appeared to be, very good solid info and gave the appearance that you were legitimate then YOUR the one responsible for willingly trying to mislead people.

If you came on saying you could levitate and use your chi to discover who killed Kennedy then you wouldnt be taken seriously.
            "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

You shouldn't need to use a site to prove your school is good, it should show in the classes, and by what you teach and besides I don't think that many people would be convinced your school is good by this site.

Comment

We (the site staff and the site itself) are not even remotely about trying to force judgement on schools based on our standards of what's good and what's crap.

This site is nothing more than a medium through which martial artists themselves are encouraged to discuss topics about integrity in the martial arts.

As the person who ultimately runs things, I can tell you for a fact I've got no agenda other than to facilitate open minded and bullshit free discussion by martial artists about what makes MA good and bad, and what can be done to improve the image of the martial artist in the general public.

Comment

And as far as us selling things goes... we've made a whopping $25 on T-shirt sales, which doesn't go very far to offset the cumulative cost of running this site, which is up in the thousands at this point.

Come to think of it, if I hadn't started this site I'd probably be driving the new Infinity G35 sports car.

Instead, I've got to deal with bullshit lawsuits by martial arts organizations who feel that by allowing a member to discuss his opinions here, I should be liable for $500,000 in damages.

If this site EVER turned a profit, I'd probably just spend the money on free goodies for our proposed booth at next year's Dragonfest, or sending out better rewards for members that participate the most.

As it stands, I'm still working on implementing the system by which I can send the most active members a vinyl car decal/bumpersticker.

Comment

What is your obsession with me JKDChick every forum I go to you are there posting about me in some manifestation that I care about you?

The fact of the matter is, your a man and I am a man and the last time I check I am not homosexual so get it out of your mind that we are going to hook up.

Flirting with me on the internet doesn't get my attention understand? Sorry to put it to you so harshly but you just had to hear it.
                    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Comment

What? I didn't know we could buy McDojo wear!

*GRIN*

Oh man, I should buy one for my Sensei. Too bad he's totally low-tech...

Regards,
                      CrimsonTiger

"You sure talk a lot. Are you going to train at all tonight, or just stand there the whole time?" -Sempai Dale
                      Regards,
                      CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
                      One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
                      Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

JKDChick, are you picking on poor deranged Carbon?
                        Just because he tried to pick a fight with you and have some kind of challenge match somehow in his delusion thinking that you wanted to fight him?

How come he says you are a male type person? Is he really a she?

Anyhow I think you should also pick on Jamoke, if you're ("your" to Jamoke, king of grammar) going to give examples of erratic brain damaged youths.

To reply to the thread-too many people can check out your ma geneology too easily. What did you study, where, and from whom? Legit people have easy to check out answers. What branch of Goju,TKD, or Kyokushin or whatever instantly gives knowledgeable mas your background and history.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
                        "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Hey Phrost!
                          Heres a suggestion. Perhaps you should have something like a lottery on the site where anyone who is interested (lets say some martial art magazines as the prize or a McDojo shirt) can purchase a ticket from you. Hopefully if you have enough interested people you could make some money out of it. I do sympathize with you if you are spending money on this site and its not paying off. I would hate to see this site go down.

PEACE!
                          Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

HMM... I am gonna to try thinks of a way to help this site raise some funds. I will have more idea within next 24 hours, but here is one I have come up with so far. I have been thinking about making a offer to make mcdojo a organize. So we all can get more members and may even get together (NO FIGHTING AMONG YOU THREE (CARBON, JKDCHICK, AND JAMOKE)! lol) and get recoginize of some well known martial dojo or GM and win their supports or something.

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
                            I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

That's the last thing we need. It would destroy the site to be seen as the mouthpiece of a particular school or martial artist. No matter who it was.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
                              Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X