Ninja at the gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja at the gym

So, I stroll into my local gym, I'm about to hit the lockers and look through the glass partition to the free weights area to see how busy it is.

Low and behold there is this dude in his young 20's sitting on a bench with his hands in one of the meditative positions from Ashida Kim's books. It was palms together, fingers folded, except for the pointers which were extended and hands were pressed against the chest. He was taking said pose in between sets.

He took off before I could make it down there and ask him exactly what he was doing, but I'm sure I'l run into him again.
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Give him a kick in the ass from me please.

In the most respectful way of course.

Comment

Did he have an actual Ashida Kim book? If so, you should refer him to The Punking Of Ashida Kim article on this site.
      Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

I didn't see an ashida kim book on him, but I remember the pose from when me and my friends were at Barnes and Nobles laughing at the book. Also, something about him totally screamed "I learn karate from a book".

Comment

Are you sure he couldn't learn it from some valid meditation source?

Meditation itself isn't Bullshido.
          Regards,
          CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
          One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
          Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

Okay, he might look weird, but that doesn't make him Ashida Kim's disciple. AK got his shit from bastardising other sources anyway.
            Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
            Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Comment

Hes obvisouly a real ninja - notice how he mysteriously disappearred before you could question him?
              "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Comment

Originally posted by Zendetta
                Hes obvisouly a real ninja - notice how he mysteriously disappearred before you could question him?

lol you made me laugh
                Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
                My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Comment

So? I talked to a brown belt (earth belt or something) guy training in his gi.
                  Nothing wrong with some meditation to psych yourself up. :)
                  Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Could be Tibetan Buddhism, or some other systems. Or, better yet, a ninja. Fuckers are getting hard to find...
                    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Comment

Okay, try to remember. Was there a puff of smoke in the spot where he was meditating? A real student of Ashida Kim would use "the mist."

Comment

Originally posted by Zing!
                        Okay, try to remember. Was there a puff of smoke in the spot where he was meditating? A real student of Ashida Kim would use "the mist."

That begs the question: G0t fart?

Comment

HEHHEHE, go spar with him. I remember somone was showing of some Karate skills, that they got of the INTERNET. Acting all cool and all, and he said he could kick our ass and everything. I swear...it was one of the most amusing days of my life.

Comment

whatever you do, just don't drop a spoon

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.B
                              HEHHEHE, go spar with him. I remember somone was showing of some Karate skills, that they got of the INTERNET. Acting all cool and all, and he said he could kick our ass and everything. I swear...it was one of the most amusing days of my life.
                              Hehe, sparring at 24 hourfitness between yoga and boxaerobics.

I actually do plan on talking to him and see what his deal is. There is a school here in Henderson, NV that teaches ninjitsu as one of it's styles, but they don't have any class times listed and a couple of other styles they teach at the school are currently on haitus.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X