Dicovery martial arts special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dicovery martial arts special

did anybody see the martial arts special on discovery.They had 3 documentaries consecutivley. Kung fu fighter, the way of the warrior and modern gladiators. The first one was all about kung fu, from shaolin to wu shu, quite interesting but it still looks kinda gay to me. Then way of the warrior was about karate, ninjitsu, aikido, combat ki and basically the japanese systems not sure if i left something out. Then the pick of the lot was modern gladiators it was all about nhb, kickboxing and the like. They talked to one of the gracies and to uriquez it was really interesting. Unfortunatley they had nothing about MT or some of the more interesting styles. Any comments???

I wish ill be able to see that "episode" in my country one day.

Comment

Modern Warriors is a good video everyone should see.
      And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

They show it about every 3 months or so.

Come on get up, I didn't hit you that hard.

Comment

did anybody see the martial arts special on discovery.They had 3 documentaries consecutivley. Kung fu fighter, the way of the warrior and modern gladiators. The first one was all about kung fu, from shaolin to wu shu, quite interesting but it still looks kinda gay to me. Then way of the warrior was about karate, ninjitsu, aikido, combat ki and basically the japanese systems not sure if i left something out. Then the pick of the lot was modern gladiators it was all about nhb, kickboxing and the like. They talked to one of the gracies and to uriquez it was really interesting. Unfortunatley they had nothing about MT or some of the more interesting styles. Any comments???

uhhhhhhhhhhh

shaolin is wu shu. wu shu is the most generic name for kung fu

Comment

Wushu is also the name of the official 'martial art' that China created and promotes. It's to be a demonstration sport/style in the Beijing Olympics, I believe.

Regards,
            CrimsonTiger

"You sure talk a lot. Are you going to train at all tonight, or just stand there the whole time?" -Sempai Dale
            Regards,
            CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
            One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
            Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

Oh christ, not another!

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
              Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Hey, not my fault that TKD bought it's way into the Olympics.

Regards,
                CrimsonTiger

"You sure talk a lot. Are you going to train at all tonight, or just stand there the whole time?" -Sempai Dale
                Regards,
                CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
                One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
                Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X