whats Torite Jutsu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats Torite Jutsu?

hey hey, I've ben looking around on the net, (research for the article on Illyokwan, I am getting on with it honest) and i played follow the links, anyway... Torite Jutsu came up quite a bit, i know its a new art but that's about it....any clues?

www.dragonsociety.co.uk

I believe Torite is Japanese for Wrist Manipulations, but it was started by Gaijins so following the definition won't help much. It's a pressure point martial art.

Comment

yeah I've looked at that site, i cant get any straight answers. i even mailed the bloke, but he just refereed me to this site.

Comment

Torite Jutsu

This system was developed by Tom Muncy and Rick Moneymaker through a mutual desire to explain the effect of striking/manipulating certian vital points on the body, known to most Traditional Martial Arts Masters.

There long reseach and triall has lead them to the obvious solution. The common denominator all all these techniques is TCM (traditional chinese medicine) - ie the science of Accupuncture and the 5 elements.

This science meshes perfectly with the movements and squences of traditional Froms and Kata and explains the devastating energetic & physical effects such techniques cause to the human body.

The torite Jutsu system is not a Martial Art in itself, but rather a method of teaching the Martial Science hidden behind the the use of 'Pressure Point' fighting, which any traditional Martial Artist can then apply to their own particular system, be it Karate, Kung Fu, Ju Jitsu etc.

My fellow instructor Steven Burton and I regularly teach the system every week at our Martial Arts gym in Accrington UK.

Hope this info helps your understanding a little!:new_scatt

Comment

Sounds alot like George Dillman's theory and style. And this guy must be good.. 25 yrs in the martial arts and an 8th dan in Okinawan Kempo Karate-do and a 9th dan World and British Jenpo Arts , 6th dan TKD and a 5th dan Isshinryu Karate-do and more.. all in 25 yrs.. Cool. I wamt me some of them learnings :D

Comment

Everyone on this thread needs to shut the fuck up.

This is not MABS material and holy hell you guys are espousing Dillman-style acupuncture points as legitimate martial arts, and people with inflated rank as legitimate martial artists. Let me give you a hint:

NO.
            What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Comment

Dillman esq pressure points shit by the looks of it. Stay away!
              "Chance favours only the prepared mind."

My Training Log

Comment

Originally posted by 1point2 View Post
                Everyone on this thread needs to shut the fuck up.

This is not MABS material and holy hell you guys are espousing Dillman-style acupuncture points as legitimate martial arts, and people with inflated rank as legitimate martial artists. Let me give you a hint:

NO.
                Actually.. I was poking fun at the guy. SInce he has only been in the martial arts for 25 yrs and is already a Soke and Kyoshi of so many styles and is re-packaging Dillman's system to make it look like his own.

Comment

Originally posted by kellyd View Post
                  Actually.. I was poking fun at the guy. SInce he has only been in the martial arts for 25 yrs and is already a Soke and Kyoshi of so many styles and is re-packaging Dillman's system to make it look like his own.
                  Oh. Well, good.

Still, everyone else is crazy.
                  What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Comment

LMAO.. BUt that guy is a martial art god..25 yrs and all then there digreez.. He ought not be poked fun at or he will use his no tuch ko's to kill us all..lol
                    And yes.. I am still crazy too :D

Comment

Torite is a synonoum for Ju Jutsu. The term is old and was used a lot before the formal structure of Ju Jutsu schools after the warring states period made the term Ju became popular. Some styles in the nexus of Ju Jutsu simply used this term instead.. Wa Jutsu is another synonoum used at times.

It has no other real signficance and to use an anology... when we talk about Aki it is a slightly different concept that comes from Ju Jutsu even though it is a part of Ju Jutsu... Torite would be the equivalent of using the term Kempo for Karate... Kempo is another word used for karate in Hawaii they are used synonomously. A lot of old karate is termed Kempo atemi waza, Kempo Kusho, etc...
                      This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Comment

You realize this is a 6.5 yr old thread?
                        There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Comment

We finally got a response from a torite guy, which validates my involvement, but I for one did not notice that the OP was old.

Comment

I bet the guy is opening up a school so he did a google search and this thread came up. He felt he absolutely had to reply.
                            There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Comment

Damn, that's one hell of a necro on a thread.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X