Wing Tsun multiple opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wing Tsun multiple opponents

This happened awhile ago, maybe a few weeks? A month?

Oh who CARES???!!!

Anyway, it was a small class. I arrived late. We did some footwork, and eventually we got on to doing a drill with multiple oppoents... All of us against Sihing.

I moved. Next minute he was on me like white on rice. Another guy moved, so he stopped attacking me and started on the other guy...

Though we were largely a disorganized group, after a little bit of this, he gave one kid a plastic knife, then we staretd again.

No questions asked, he cut the crap, no "when I charge, attack me this way", no, "swing the knife this way"... He barely even showed the kid how to hold it (not that hard anyway, eh?), just handed it to him.. He just charged at the guy first moment we were "ready", disarmed the knife from him and ran past. Was actually quite interesting and amazing. No SRT, no nothing... Just go for the weapon first... simple.

Anyway... that's all really

I know Kung Fu!

You took turns with him? Yeah, real realistic...

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Comment

No...
      Just the second someone else tried to jump in he moved away... It's kind of hard to really explain, to be honest

I know Kung Fu!

Comment

"You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
        YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

possibly... might end up getting chainpunched to death though... who knows.

SLJ, that would actually be quite an interesting knife-defense scenario

I know Kung Fu!

Comment

We do a similar exercise substituting marker pens for rubber knives.
            The results are sobering to say the least.

Comment

"You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

And the laundry is a bitch afterwards as well.....

Comment

Ture that Kato. I've tried that, the results were "quite colorful" to say the least :)
                  Though the odds become better when the person against you don't know how to use a knife/marker, so it's relative really.

If you see a knife, RUN! As realistic as you can get :)

Comment

Comment

Actually, there are a number of knife defenses that work and work well; we've trained some of them at the Syracuse Wing Chun Academy. There remains the very real possibility that you will be cut, but you can prevent yourself from being killed.

The key to dealing with multiple opponents (the thread title mentioned this originally) is to work to the outside of the group and attack each opponent as viciously as possible in sequence.

Comment

Comment

Well at BJJ or MMA we wouldn;t do anything like that - we've had classes were we each attack the intructor/fighter how we want, so we're given the advantage (from mount, or even an armbar etc) he has to escape and then submit us within 20 seconds. Managaed to do it to a amjority of th epeople there, apart from two of the stongest and most skilled (whop he nearly beat in that time.) Was quite impressive but not suprising in any way.

Kato which martial art do u do again?
                          "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

Blade Windu when will you post and let us know how you'r WingTsun tryout class went?

Comment

At one of the karate schools I went to they took the rubber knifes and rubbed the blades with a piece of chalk.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
                              Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X