BJJ-MMA Local School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ-MMA Local School

Alright, this is a question for BJJer's. I have discovered a local school that offers BJJ classes, and both Steve Heath and Nick Diaz teach there. Apparently, they are students of Cesar Gracie,and both fighters can be found on Sherdog. Before any dumbass troll says, "Go to the school!" let me say I already freakin' have. They said I could watch them roll, there are no contracts, and they teach boxing as well. But I have a rotator cuff injury, so I can't roll with them tonight, or maybe for a few months more. I know there are a lot of BJJ people on here so please let me know whatever you can. And please...don't ask me what I want to know. I want to know everything you can tell me. Plenty of people spend a lot of time on this forum doing stupid things like flaming people and attacking the idea of qi ;), I'm sure you have the time to help with this.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

I've met them before. Nice guys, go train with them they have a lot to teach.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Comment

If you have a shoulder injury, there is a way to keep training submission grappling without getting re-injured. You basically wrestle without your bad arm. Tie your gi belt really tight, then anchor your bad arm onto your belt (I usually face my palm towards my stomach). Let you partner know you have a bad arm and have him do the same to one of his arms. This way you can use one arm and two legs to make up for the loss of your injured arm. This kind of drill actually helps for getting you to use your legs and feet better while rolling. Try it and see what you think.
      "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
      "Shadow Box"

Comment

I can't believe this...*crickets*

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
        Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Oh, and thanks Vargas. Thank you very much!

Comment

No problem, man, just glad I could help. Let me know how the training goes. I will be off-line tomorrow, I have to drive to Dallas (oh joy). I'll check back as some as I get my lap-top in operation. Hasta.

Vargas
            "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
            "Shadow Box"

Comment

I'll post my story later then.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X