Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

TKD Training for 18 Month Olds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet Jesus!

The club where I instruct doesn't accept kids under 5, and even at that age we make it clear that it depends on how 'grown up' the child is - more than once we've had to ask parents to bring them back in a year or two.

I cannot imagine trying to teach a class of kids that age. I can just about image taking a single child and teaching them, in 5-10 minute bursts, to wave the correct limb in generally the right direction. But less than one-on-one and more than 10 minutes at a time? I don't think so.

And don't get me started on the karate and tai-chi classes they also run at their taekwondo school...

Comment

"Making America strong, one black belt at a time."

Comment

They have cardio kickboxing too. I haven't seen that around here yet, but I guess it's like Tae Bo?

Comment

Dang man thats some avatar right there.... might even beat out Chupacabra's bitch fight avatar.

Comment

Holy fucking dogshit. Khorn, where did you get that avatar? Dude, I need to know right now. I, uh, think, um I might know that girl. Shit.
            "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Comment

Comment

CLASSES FOR SPECIAL ABILITIES?

Chi or maybe a telekinetic disarm, I wonder what special abilities TKD can give me. Personally, I'd like to stretch like Mr. Fantastic.

Comment

I'm just thinkin' about the frame of reference; you're 18 months old, you've just recently figured out walking - kinda. Your primary concerns are food, sleep and the warmth of your mommy's embrace. You're almost out of diapers. Then one day mommy takes you to this place where some stranger in pajamas starts yelling at you to step-kick accross the floor towards him 'cause he's gonna teach you how to defend yourself...WTF!

Comment

lol.

Least it'll produce a generation of 18 month bruce lee's.....

Comment

I started this thread so NO Bruce bashing.:p Besides not only to I not recall massive TKD influence in Jun Fan Gung Fu but he was against franchised McDojos.

Hopefully, Djimbe doesn't see this. If so we will be subjected to a 3000 word essay on why he thinks Bruce Lee was the anti-christ.:rolleyes:

Comment

this crap makes me want to drop out and start bjj NOW

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X