TKD Olympic KO Kick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TKD Olympic KO Kick

I found a clip and put it up on one of my servers...I'll leave it up for a day or two...enjoy.

http://www.twgmedia.com/tkdolympicko.wmv

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

That is exactly what I needed. Kid was out before he hit the floor! See TKD is a KILLA!

Comment

They have KOs in Olympic TKD!?! Hahah.
      "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Haha. Awesome. Thanks a lot

Comment

lol.

It was even the "dreaded" jump spinning back hook kick......vs. the ever popular roundhouse no less...

the irony..
          Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Comment

Great find. I have taken the liberty to shamelessly post it on other forums....thanks for making me look good.

Comment

Wow, I'm suprised he wasn't disqaulified for being too rough.

Comment

On a more serious note, I believe this is a good example of what Osiris calls TKD "trap fighting". This may have been the end result of some serious strategic planning.

For example, the black guy may have been giving something away each time he threw the round house, so the other guy baited him into it, then saw it coming and knew exactly how to counter.

Comment

Heh heh...gold!

This clip says one good thing about OLY TKD, and two bad things...

First the good thing - that kick was sweet. A spinning hook (or slight variation) should be used VERY RARELY, but when it is used properly, it's very tidy indeed...

AND YES....Knockouts are counted as a victory in W.T.F. (and Oly.) style TKD.

The two bad things:
                  1) The player in red had his guards WAY DOWN. This is all too typical of Oly TKD. The guy got what he deserved.
                  2) The player in blue, upon landing his sweet, sweet kick celebrated with his back to his opponent. Now, that might seem like a little thing, but it's indicitive of his training. I figure if you're training in a combat art, you should (by virtue of your hours of careful training) always treat your opponent as a threat. I mean, you THINK he's KOed, but your insturutor should drill it into you that you can never be too careful in a real brawl.

SO...

This clip is as much a "what do do" clip as a "what not to do..." as far as I can see.

But yeah - it was probably the most exciting part of the TKD Olympics I've seen. Thanks Gringo.

SK

Comment

i read an interview with an old korean guy who had been doing taekwondo for about 50 years. he said that when he was young, the style of kicking was quite different - when you kicked someone, it was to cause injury. he said that he doesn't think modern sport taekwondo guys kick hard enough. also there were fewer kinds of kicks, and very little jumping. all of this stuff had come about since the introduction of the modern rules. the style of the fighters adapted to the new rules. i'd say that probably when this guy guy started it wasn't even called TKD at the time.

the rules suck, and the way points are given sucks. you can kick as hard as you like, but if you line someone up with a massive roundhouse, by the time you've hit them they may have kicked (or perhaps it should be called "slapped") you 2 or 3 times. they could be wheezeing on the floor for a few seconds before they get up, but you'll have one point and they'll have three.

though i really do enjoy watching olympic style taekwondo when one guy realises that they'll lose on points unless they knock the other guy out...

Comment

LOL Great clip! Check it out! The guy in red kicked his opponent in the ass!

stillkicking - agre, agree, agree! these new TKD kids don't ever bother with proper guards. It's like they don't think they'll ever get hit unless they give their consent!

danno - my instructor has told stories of when he first started TKD 24 years or so ago, there was pretty much a total disregard for any student or practitioner who got injured. Knock-outs, bruises, bleeding, broken noses, fractured bones, dislocations, etc. were all pretty common things. You got hurt, tough shit, keep going or quit, come back when you can handle it...or not. His sabumnim's way of looking at it was that it was all a normal part of martial arts, a way of weeding out the weak.

Comment

Nice. And he was behind 4-1 on points as well.
                        Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

he pwned him, did the ko'ing guy get any medals?

Comment

Shit!

Did anyone see the latest video in the downloads section? TKD vs. Muay Thai (full contact)?

DAMN!!!!

SK

Comment

Awesome I think TKD should stop awarding points you have to knockout our enemy to win. That would be great.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X