Belt Testing Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geijhan
    No fee, but tests are taken during normal classtime.
    Yea same, I take it that's why they only charge for the belt and certificate. Your already paying for the time.

Comment

Our testing is done during class time also, & we don't pay for the belt either. (my dojo is on a military base :P)
      Last edited by cmantim; 8/25/2004 8:12am, .

Comment

Only recently was a Testing Fee instituted at my Kung Fu school. My recent test cost $60, and covered new sash and the Certificate.

I am not too concerned with the Fee since the actual testing takes place once doors are closed on the weekends. On top of that, the test is very akin to a Private Lesson...ableit a grueling 6+ hour Private Lesson. In my eyes its a pretty good deal, and I have seen much worse before.

Comment

I dont charge my students for test or the belt. it is done during their normal class. I only test one at a time and the average White- Yellow belt test last about 45 minutes Yellow-Orange ( 10th class) Orange last about a hour , Orange to - Purple (8th class) belt test last a hour 20 or so.

I use it as a learning experiance for my students getting ready to test. Let them know what the test are actually like and what is actually required of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenink
            If you don't know a thing about the school (and I don't either) it is fantastically dumb to assume it is a mcdojo. You state that any school that has been around less than 10 years with at least 10 black belts is a mcdojo. Here is something for you to think about, it took Bull Shaw, the first american to train from white to black with Jacare Calvacanti a little over 8 years to recieve his belt. Had 9 other people started the same time as him and trained as much, and they all had their black belts, would Alliance be mcdojo?
            Was Jacare Clavacanti an art for less then a year or two before Bull started cause that is how old he said Pun said his system is. A system that has been around for less then ten years with more then ten "black belts" is obvious crap. I don't care how long the school is around but a brand new art cranking out BB at that kinda pace is nuts. And really what are the odds of more then ten people joining and sticking with an art together through black belt all together. Not very high.

Comment

Originally posted by Mox_Mox
              Way to go that was one hell of a flame douche bag. How can you defended a school that is around for less then ten years with ten black belts. Your uncontrollable need to show dominance on the interweb has blinded you to the facts. You are a big tough guy on the web now fuck off.

Normally, I stay out of these things, but...

- True, as far as I know, Five Animal Kenpo has only been around since 1996, but Karate, Kung Fu, BJJ, MT, etc., were all new arts at one point...

- There are far more than 10 black belts at our school. After the last testing, 106 Black Belts have been awarded in the dojo. (Mind you, before we did Five Animal Kenpo, we trained in American Kenpo, the first people to test in the Five Animal Kenpo material tested in 1997. The first black belt was promoted in 1989.) Currently, we have about 20 adult Black Belts actively training. 21 if you count Punisher, who got his Black Belt in American Kenpo years ago and is earning his Black in Five Animal by starting all over again from white some 3 years ago.

- Next time you're in Citrus Heights, California, come check us out. I'm not trying to challenge you to a fight, but if you're going to tell us we suck without even seeing us, that's a little unfair...;)

Comment

0$
                JOHN DOE
                Hmmm. I'll kill him. I'll kill him dead. Like with, with a, rock or something. Like a, like a stone.
                evil master betty

Comment

Thanks for the post Reboot. Now that makes a ton more sense, you guys are building from a large preexisting base. What is the average time to get a BB? Where is Citrus Heights maybe next time I'm in Cali. I'll stop by.

Comment

Was Jacare Clavacanti an art for less then a year or two <snipped>
                    As much as he might beat me for saying this, Jacare is not in fact an art. His Jiu-Jitsu is damn good though :)

Comment

Doh!! Damn Brazilians make me look t3h stupid.

Comment

I heard an old saying as far as belt test fees go. . .

"If I don't charge you for a test - then you can't BUY the rank"

If someone charged $300 for a test they might feel more obligated to promote you. If someone sits through a 3 hour test for free, you damn well know you earned your rank.

Comment

Don't they charge after you pass?
                          If not that is crap.
                          And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Thanks for the post Reboot. Now that makes a ton more sense, you guys are building from a large preexisting base. What is the average time to get a BB? Where is Citrus Heights maybe next time I'm in Cali. I'll stop by.
                            No prob.

The bare minimum required amount of time to get a black belt here is 4 years. Bare minimum. The average amount of time is about 5-6 years. I got mine in 5 1/2.

Citrus Heights is right next to Sacramento. In fact, 5 years ago, it was just a neighborhood in Sacramento.

We're on the corner of Auburn Blvd. and Manzanita Ave. Well, close to the corner. (A used car dealership is on the corner, that's obviously not us. ;) )

Or... (blatant plug alert)

Go to haineskenpo.com and check out the video clips there.

Comment

Comment

There is no testing at AKA. Dave C. gives you a belt when he feels you are ready and no one ever formally tests. I guess you could say our test is every time we roll.
                                A.K.A. rocks your socks.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X