• Show
Clear All

• Greese
    replied
    I wish I got to kill people. :-(

Leave a comment:

• Antagony
    replied
    When I was testing for my 17th degree black belt under Grandmaster Wizard King Ashida Kim I had to kill four young boys and two women.

Your test was easy.

Leave a comment:

• Matsufubu
    replied
    Ah yes, it takes me back...well done my man. You're officially now badass.

Leave a comment:

• DCS
    replied
    Congratulations greese1.

Slighty off topic:

About the "traditional nikyo" pic submitted by Te No Kage: DAME, DAME, DAME!11!!ONE.

Leave a comment:

• Zeddy
    replied
    Congrats man!

Makes me realise I need to train harder and longer. :(

Leave a comment:

• Greese
    replied
    I passed.
    I would say with flying colors, but that would be a bit of an exageration.
    First thing my instructor threw me off by saying we will do the throws last. So the hardest part of the test is going to be last, after I am tired. Great.
    Started off with the kuzushi and attack. elementary. Then combinations, did a shit load of throws to pins and pins to armlock and throw to armlock. That all went very easily.
    Next up was throw defenses that went well. I was coming out too far on the jump around inside, so I had to do that twice, but otherwise it was fine.
    The gripping and grip breaks were alos pretty easy, except I had trouble hitting ude gatame off a sleeve grip. That pissed me off, but eveything else was flawless.
    The groundwork stuff was my favorite, very easy, very smooth.
    When it was time to do a guard pass, I used the star pass to really mess with my instructor...and the guy whos guard I was in.
    My escapes went pretty well, I even managed to choke out my uke while he was going in for North South.
    The JJ stuff was a little more interesting. The above crap took about 1.5 hours, so we were in a rush.
    Started with the striking crap. I tended to do stuff a little different than what was probably expected. Like he was looking for a high roundhouse...and I did a nice roundhouse to his inner thigh. That was fun.
    The Aikido crap went really well. It was all stuff that I had taught before and it came back to me fast. I felt like STEVEN SEGALL! I was jerking my uke around and acting like I was doing neck breaks and crap. No wonder so many Aikido people have egos. When your uke is trying to make you look good you feel like fucking god himself on crank.
    Next on to the defenses against attacks...these were not what my instructor expected. That is what happens when you also train with different people...you get a different perspective. The biggest problem I ran into was the attacks I was getting weren 't realistic so that threw me off at first. All my stuff was pretty standard, untill the shoulder grip. By that point I was at the "WTF, why not do what I would really do." and so I started throwing knees, headputs and then doing slames. That was a lot of fun.
    Then we got to the Uke's choice section. First off he just took a swing at me, I clinched threw a knee to the thighs, jerked him down and did a knee to the face and then spun him and suplexed him.
    His next attack was an attempted roundhouse to the head. Luckily my jab was faster and it knocked him on his ass.
    His next attack was a snap kick to the balls, I grabbed the leg sweeped his support and hit the kneebar.
    Then we started a low kicks. I kind of pissed my instructor off when I explained there was no way in hell I would reach down to grab a low kick to try for something. I just kept lifing my leg when he threw I low kick, and then swept him.
    Then we moved onto the throws...
    I was feeling really fucking confident, my first 14 throws I nailed awesomely. Then we got to tai otoshi, the throw that use to be my fucking go to throw. I fucked it up and didn't get a good throw, tried again, jacked it all up. Finally swtitched to a different grip and nailed it. Then the rest of my throws went great.
    Instructor said everything looked good except the ude gatame and tai otoshi, which he refferd to as "worse than awful" but everything else was good, so he passed me.

Leave a comment:

• MaverickZ
    replied
    i guess we all find our niche in life.

Leave a comment:

• Apostol
    replied
    Originally posted by MaverickZ
    maybe it's a sign of you sucking? maybe
    ...or a sign that I was in the kid's class.

Leave a comment:

• MaverickZ
    replied
    maybe it's a sign of you sucking? maybe

Leave a comment:

• deus ex machina
    replied
    No, it means you fucking suck.

Leave a comment:

• Apostol
    replied
    You know, if I've been there for 7 years, and I'm still a green belt, that isn't a sign of McDojoism.

Leave a comment:

• Greese
    replied
    No, our tests are fucking absurd.
    I would argue that this test is rougher than some black belt tests I have seen.

Leave a comment:

• Te No Kage!
    replied
    Hey Greese, are tests pretty standardized in kodokan judo? I haven't seen any testing requirements yet since I've started judo (not that it's even that important to me), but can I expect something similar, or does it vary from club to club?

Leave a comment:

• Greese
    replied
    Hehe...I got alternate throws added on...this will make it a lot easier...
    Kuchiki-taoshi
    Kibisu-gaeshi
    Ura-nage
    Sukui-nage

All my favorites.

Leave a comment:

• Greese
    replied
    Nah, it was going to be too much of a time drain.
    And it is a pain in the ass to test.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X