Well, I am going to do it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apostol
    Hey, I'm a green belt. :-p. Pretty crazy list. We do lots of the Judo sweeps and throws, but our school focuses more on Ju-Jitsu.
    Yeah, that is the difference between a decent school and a mcdojo.
    I have seen your Judo skills. I wouldn't give you a white belt.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Owned.

And good luck man.

Comment

Originally posted by greese1
        Yeah, that is the difference between a decent school and a mcdojo.
        I have seen your Judo skills. I wouldn't give you a white belt.
        Bitch. :cool:

Comment

Good luck, you pussy.
          I am glad you finally learned to tie your hakama.

Comment

Your cheating on the test!!! Your cheating on the test!!! It's your test, but Te No Kage is giving you all the answers. You should cut a piece of your green belt off and send it to him when you get it :p

and good luck.
            Jaguar's MMA record
            pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
            post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
            - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Comment

Well, the kicker is I have helped teach all those techniques during the college self defense class...but I don't think I ever heard a name for them.
              It should be an entertaining...I have been doing a lot more pick ups recently and are going to use those.
              If I has a soul, I would feel sorry for my Uke.
              But i don't.
              And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

uke's are there because they like it :-)
                Locu5
                combat sports hobbyist

Comment

Why the year long interval?

I was under the impression that you were taking it soon after getting the requirements.

Comment

Nah, it was going to be too much of a time drain.
                    And it is a pain in the ass to test.

Comment

Hehe...I got alternate throws added on...this will make it a lot easier...
                      Kuchiki-taoshi
                      Kibisu-gaeshi
                      Ura-nage
                      Sukui-nage

All my favorites.

Comment

Hey Greese, are tests pretty standardized in kodokan judo? I haven't seen any testing requirements yet since I've started judo (not that it's even that important to me), but can I expect something similar, or does it vary from club to club?
                        "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

No, our tests are fucking absurd.
                          I would argue that this test is rougher than some black belt tests I have seen.

Comment

You know, if I've been there for 7 years, and I'm still a green belt, that isn't a sign of McDojoism.

Comment

No, it means you fucking suck.

Comment

maybe it's a sign of you sucking? maybe

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X