No announcement yet.

Well, I am going to do it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ikkyo, usually trained to defend against shomenuchi (top of head strike), back hand keeps wrist planted at hip with front hand putting pressure on elbow to put leverage against shoulder
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

OK, can do that one.
      That is done a lot from an X block, right?
      And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

I did, my bad.
        "Pussyhole"

Comment

No problem.
          And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

just read the thread, interesting......don't know what my requirements are yet for testing but that seems pretty comprehensive

as per ikkyo, yes, just think of it as an upper block or back fist, just important that it works when both people are using the same hand (ie right on right) and it's in the jodan position. It's an entering technique so you have to get there first, if you know what I mean
            "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Comment

nikyo variation from ikkyo, once you have your opponent bent over into ikkyo, you can snake your back hand around and bend their wrist into nikyo

Comment

OK cool.

Comment

the start of ikkyo

Comment

traditional nikyo

Comment

Hey, I'm a green belt. :-p. Pretty crazy list. We do lots of the Judo sweeps and throws, but our school focuses more on Ju-Jitsu.

Comment

nikyo has three basic movements or torques, the first is bending the wrist all the way forward, then turning the wrist pinky first toward the front of the arm, then finally turn the hand thumb side toward your opponents head, in the pic above the hand is immobilized there and then he just pushes down on the elbow

you want to try to push the thumb towards the elbow jamming the ulna and the bones in the wrist

Comment

juji nage, remember that juji means cross, it's a throw where you cross your opponents arms one over the other and throw with the bottom arm going over the top

[img]
                          http://www.aikidofaq.com/bilder/sensei/saito10.jpg[/img]

Comment

http://www.iwama-aikido.com/movies/shosanom.mov

pretty good demonstration of sankyo to pin

Comment

another sankyo movie

http://www.mcdojo.com/videos/aikidemo2.mov

Comment

and finally a picture of juji nage

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X