Grappling in a streetfight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grappling in a streetfight

i have a question to everyone who does grappling....BJJ, Judo, whatever!

what if in a street fight you have your opponent in a lock and he is already in pain, would u break it anyway? becaues u know if u let the guy up, he might just try to hit u again...

which ones of you wouldnt hesitate to break a joint or a bone during a fight?

personally, i've never broken anything on someone else thats as serious as say a knee, ankle or elbow...so i dont htink id be able to do it and not feel bad...or i might not be able to do it at all haha...

if this kind of thread has already been done, i couldnt find it using the sites search engine....

well, seeing as how you do TKD, i didn't expect you to be able to break bones. damn n00b.

Comment

eh? why not?

Comment

Well by the questions you are asking it sounds like you should train some sort of grappling so you know how far you can take it to get a tap, compliance, or just a finish.

Personally I will do what I have to do to defend myself. Ideally it means gaining control then hauling ass out to alert some authorities. So if I had to snap bones I could but I would hope my opponent would submit before it came to that.
        A.K.A. rocks your socks.

Comment

Re: Grappling in a streetfight

Originally posted by iamamonster
          i have a question to everyone who does grappling....BJJ, Judo, whatever!

what if in a street fight you have your opponent in a lock and he is already in pain, would u break it anyway? becaues u know if u let the guy up, he might just try to hit u again...

which ones of you wouldnt hesitate to break a joint or a bone during a fight?

personally, i've never broken anything on someone else thats as serious as say a knee, ankle or elbow...so i dont htink id be able to do it and not feel bad...or i might not be able to do it at all haha...

if this kind of thread has already been done, i couldnt find it using the sites search engine....
          In streetfights grappling is kind of used differently then say in the UFC. For wrestling/judo you basically take the guy down/throw and then smash his face in.

With bjj u take the guy down and fight for a position (like kneeride or full mount) to pound the guy in.......I'd never use any armbars/kneebars etc in a streetfight...you would never get away with breaking someones limb in my country.

Comment

I think to the question he's asking - better to just dislocate it then bolt while he's in pain. They're not going to die, but they're not going to get up and clobber you when you let go.

Hey Mut, what's wrong with breaking people's limbs in Australia?

Comment

Depends on the situation. If I had time and thought the guy deserved it, yes I'd break his arm.
              "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
              YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

I don't break arms or legs, only spines or necks.
                Last edited by feedback; 8/13/2004 3:38am, .
                Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

Do you then eat their first born?
                  A.K.A. rocks your socks.

Comment

Originally posted by xero
                    Do you then eat their first born?
                    No, but I once killed a man cause he would not let go of his eggo, Apollo creed is a sucker, feed-back could beat drago.
                    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeddy
                      I think to the question he's asking - better to just dislocate it then bolt while he's in pain. They're not going to die, but they're not going to get up and clobber you when you let go.

Hey Mut, what's wrong with breaking people's limbs in Australia?
                      the law here in a way protects criminals. Friends of mine that bounce have hard times explaining to authorities why they even just punched a guy in the face....let alone breaking something.

The law here is something like if the guy isnt hitting back anymore you aren't entitled to even touch him. And my guess is if you have a guy in full mount and you punch him till he sticks out his arms for you to armbar....hes not really fighting back.

Comment

Originally posted by feedback
                        I don't break arms or legs, only spines or necks.
                        I'm glad we could come to a peaceful resolution. :D

Comment

wow so most of you wouldnt feel bad at all? or are you guys saying you'd break limbs just cause it sounds badass?!?

Yea, MUT makes sense...heh...i'm pretty sure you'd get rushed for breaking something if the guy is begging you to stop

Originally posted by MUT

The law here is something like if the guy isnt hitting back anymore you aren't entitled to even touch him. And my guess is if you have a guy in full mount and you punch him till he sticks out his arms for you to armbar....hes not really fighting back.
                          you could start the armbar while you're both standing if he grabs your shirt heh...
                          Last edited by iamamonster; 8/13/2004 3:48am, .

Comment

Originally posted by MUT
                            the law here in a way protects criminals. Friends of mine that bounce have hard times explaining to authorities why they even just punched a guy in the face....let alone breaking something.

Hmm.. I remember getting some law student friends of mine to give me a bit of law stuff that covered self defence.

I was under the impression that as long as we feel threatened we can defend ourselves. That means if he's screaming in our face, if we can justify feeling threatened we can whack him first. Similarly, if I have mount and he's screaming about how he's gonna kill me when he gets up, well then... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by iamamonster
                              wow so most of you wouldnt feel bad at all? or are you guys saying you'd break limbs just cause it sounds badass?!?
                              Uh no... I'd break a limb to make sure he doesn't get up and run me down while I'm escaping, or get his pack of buddies onto me.

I don't run very fast. :confused:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X