Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know anything about this jujitsu school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know anything about this jujitsu school?

http://www.budoshinjujitsu.org/

Thanks

At least they teach sombo

Comment

They mentioned "Goshin" correct me if I'm wrong Goshin means "New". So this is a new form of jujitsu and is not directly linked to the old schools of jujitsu from Japan.
      Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

They belong to George Kirby's organization. George Kirby wrote several books on jiujitsu that you could check out at your local bookstore.

Comment

Goshin mean self defense

Comment

Yeah, I know George Kirby personally, I also know Bruce Jones from my original SAMBO orginization. The 11th degree blackbelt things has to do with accumulation of Sports titles and not much to do with a true multi degree blackbelt. Kirby's group is a good and decent group although they are more theory based than direct practicality. If you take a look on one of his books his uke trains with me. It's the one with the pressure points. Besides that what would you like to know?

Comment

Dude,

If you're in the DC area, check out www.grappling.com

or the DC area Linxx Academy
              Originally posted by Canuckyokushin
              I would so do Buttsecks.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyBadger
                Dude,

www.grappling.com

Thats where I train.

Comment

I've had friends who trained with Mario who only had good things to say about the experience. I moved away from the DC area before I got my fat lazy butt back into training but that's where I would have gone if I had stayed.
                  Originally posted by Canuckyokushin
                  I would so do Buttsecks.

Comment

I have Kirby's books. However, just because there's a name, doesn't mean you'll be learning from the name.

I am looking for JJJ, and this is one of the few places that came up in my search. I'm ready to go in an do the whole trial thing, but I wanted to get opinions from here first.

So far sounds like a good place to start.

Comment

Me doing SAMBO seminar for Kirby's camp:

This guy trains with me he's also the guy I'm setting up the leg lock for;

Comment

If you cannot find anything to blast them on, Omega, I think it might be a school worth checking out.

Comment

Well that's not true. I could blast them on some stuff but I've found that each instructor is a bit different. From what I see from you query you're looking for more of the Japanese traditional stuff. They're great at making sure you have your terminology right and theoretical application. Because of CA laws they're not allowed to practice the more practical JJJ application. (JJJ has what I call MMA lite tournaments which include striking, throwing, ground fighting). My "uke" there has told me they practice them in the other states and I know of that SAMBO instructor which means they probably do some form of randori. If this is what you're looking for then that's fine.

Comment

Yea, that's what I am looking for. At least for now.

Thanks for all the input, all.

So what's illegal in CA?

Comment

Any grappling with striking. It's actually outlawed. I ignore it at my tournaments.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X