X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana
    replied
    Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer
    We had one car stopped in our convoy but the police were actually looking for criminals and not money.

You're right about the favelas being right next to the nice areas. Like I said, when you have people that poor up against people who are well off you're going to have problems.

Leave a comment:

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dochter
    Several guys like that at my school.

Leave a comment:

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied
    Originally posted by katana
    The police were another interesting aspect. At night they'd setup roadblocks looking for "violations". This is a nice way of saying they want to shake you down for cash. When we came up to one of these stops our driver would always tell you to hide your money just in case we were stopped. It really makes you appreciate the relatively corruption free police you have in the US.

Leave a comment:

• katana
    replied
    Originally posted by Asia
    How did he do? Haven't been to sherdog yet to check.

We went out in Lisbon and partying with Brazilians is fun but we kept it semi tame. We got drunk, loud, and rowdy, but the only violence happened with the hallway BJJ matches at the hotel, which was kinda cool because the whole floor was competitors.

However someon did break into to bar to get beers to watch the SUPERBOWL. (No it wasn't me)
    I'm sure guardpasser will post a write up of the trip. He's a funny guy and cool to hang out with.

Leave a comment:

• katana
    replied
    Originally posted by Dochter

Luckily Phil doesn't put up with that at our school. We have a really good group of guys who don't cause problems.

Leave a comment:

• katana
    replied
    Originally posted by Antagony
    Brazil looks gorgeous.

Are there any, erm, safe places in Brazil?
    Ask Wing Chun Lawyer. I felt safe there, but our hosts wouldn't take us to any area that was a problem. I also didn't go out wandering the city by myself and didn't dress like a total tourist (you know wearing a big American Flag shirt with a Budweiser ad on the back of it).

The police were another interesting aspect. At night they'd setup roadblocks looking for "violations". This is a nice way of saying they want to shake you down for cash. When we came up to one of these stops our driver would always tell you to hide your money just in case we were stopped. It really makes you appreciate the relatively corruption free police you have in the US.
    Last edited by katana; 7/28/2004 1:52pm, .

Leave a comment:

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied
    Much like the TURKS here. Thats why joes don't go out unless there is atleas a dozen of them.
    Thanks for making me feel better about the level of stupidity in my country. But I take the turks at least go to jail, since you are in germany, whereas the brazilian pitboys have rich daddies who let them walk away cleanly.

Leave a comment:

• Gezere
    replied
    Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer
    Quite simply, pitboys are cowards. They do not got for a challenge or a fight, they go for a massacre - they will NOT touch you unless you are alone, and/or are weaker than they are. In any event they gang up on single people.
    Much like the TURKS here. Thats why joes don't go out unless there is atleas a dozen of them.

Leave a comment:

• Dochter
    replied
    Yeah there definitely are some who look for problems no doubt and were proud of their accomplishments. A lot of those guys really like fighting and look for trouble.

Nice to train with but I probably won't go partying with them anytime soon.

Wow, the three of you 220 pounders beat up some four punks who were gawking at your women. Color me impressed.

Leave a comment:

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied
    However someon did break into to bar to get beers to watch the SUPERBOWL. (No it wasn't me)

Leave a comment:

• Gezere
    replied
    Then again the guy I roomed with (guardpasser over at Sherdog) did go out one night with some of the Brazilians. He'd have to describe it for you first hand, but needless to say it's exactly how you'd think a night partying with BJJ guys would be (didn't get in fight though, but came real close).
    How did he do? Haven't been to sherdog yet to check.

We went out in Lisbon and partying with Brazilians is fun but we kept it semi tame. We got drunk, loud, and rowdy, but the only violence happened with the hallway BJJ matches at the hotel, which was kinda cool because the whole floor was competitors.

Leave a comment:

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied
    We learned all that from you damn portuguese!

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    Brasil....* shakes his head*

Leave a comment:

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied
    Quite simply, pitboys are cowards. They do not got for a challenge or a fight, they go for a massacre - they will NOT touch you unless you are alone, and/or are weaker than they are. In any event they gang up on single people.

Leave a comment:

• Gezere
    replied
    Originally posted by ronin69
    Asia, your wife may have arranged that "car accident" to keep you home. :)
    Come to thing of it........

The difference is those guys have rich Brazilian fathers to get them out of trouble but you don't. Brazilian prisons == Hell on earth.
    I'm fucking with you guys. I've learned my lesson years ago. Ever go out with guys and find out they are heavy drug dealers and very wanted. They throw around money like its nothing and act like they own the city. Now imgaine your the naive college student from a middle class family just back statside after liveing years in another country who just thought you were going out for some cool fun, Only thing that saved me was family on the force.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X