Brazil Trip - Mundials 2004 - LONG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*weeps softly* :(

I know I was in an accident but I am still a bit pissed about not being there!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Yeah, I miss competing sometimes.
      I miss going to anther country, the camaraderie, they stomach all in knots, not being able to have breakfast, to getting plastered after...
      AH, the good times...

Comment

Originally posted by Asia
        *weeps softly* :(

I know I was in an accident but I am still a bit pissed about not being there!
        I'm sorry to hear about it too. I'm sure I would have met up you down there and had a Brazilian McThrowdown. :)

Comment

Katana,

Congrats! That was awesome. Hell, I got an adrenalin dump just thinking about being in that situation!

Matt

Comment

Nice report, thanks. Good to know that you decided not to go partying with the pitboys!
            That civilisation may not sink,
            Its great battle lost,
            Quiet the dog, tether the pony
            To a distant post;
            Our master Caesar is in the tent
            Where the maps are spread,
            His eyes fixed upon nothing,
            A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer
              Nice report, thanks. Good to know that you decided not to go partying with the pitboys!
              I get the feeling that some of the guys were hanging out with at the tournament WERE the pitboys.

Comment

Originally posted by katana
                I get the feeling that some of the guys were hanging out with at the tournament WERE the pitboys.
                BJJ dudes hanging out on a BJJ tournament? Your feeling was probably right, specially if the gentlemen in question loved drugs and/or alcohol.

Personally, I have the utmost respect for the skills developed and taught by the Gracies, but many of their students (and some of the younger Gracies as well, as I told you) are not worth the air they breath.
                Its great battle lost,
                To a distant post;
                A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

But thats what I was looking forward too.

Sure everyone said I can't go running around unchaparoned (something to do with drunk acting a fool in lisbon, er something)

But think of it. RIO , Brazilian Nightclub filled with Brazilian WOMEN, booze. There is no way I could stay away.

My coach told me all the times he got in a fight going out with Top Team guys. And I asked him why he expected me to act like a saint.
                  ______
                  Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                  -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer
                    BJJ dudes hanging out on a BJJ tournament? Your feeling was probably right, specially if the gentlemen in question loved drugs and/or alcohol.

Personally, I have the utmost respect for the skills developed and taught by the Gracies, but many of their students (and some of the younger Gracies as well, as I told you) are not worth the air they breath.
                    Yeah there definitely are some who look for problems no doubt and were proud of their accomplishments. A lot of those guys really like fighting and look for trouble.

Comment

Asia, your wife may have arranged that "car accident" to keep you home. :)

Comment

Sure everyone said I can't go running around unchaparoned (something to do with drunk acting a fool in lisbon, er something)

But think of it. RIO , Brazilian Nightclub filled with Brazilian WOMEN, booze. There is no way I could stay away.

My coach told me all the times he got in a fight going out with Top Team guys. And I asked him why he expected me to act like a saint.
                        The difference is those guys have rich Brazilian fathers to get them out of trouble but you don't. Brazilian prisons == Hell on earth.
                        Last edited by katana; 7/28/2004 1:23pm, .

Comment

Oh, partying with the pitboys is certainly fun, as long as (a) no one is packing (b) no one is carrying a knife (c) no one has funny ideas about glasses and glass bottles (d) you are with the pitboys, you are not the poor lonely sod whose girlfriend is being groped by them and (e) you have a rich dad to pull your ass out of the police district afterwards.
                          Its great battle lost,
                          To a distant post;
                          A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Then again the guy I roomed with (guardpasser over at Sherdog) did go out one night with some of the Brazilians. He'd have to describe it for you first hand, but needless to say it's exactly how you'd think a night partying with BJJ guys would be (didn't get in fight though, but came real close).

Comment

Brazil looks gorgeous.

Are there any, erm, safe places in Brazil?
                              MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
                              "Fag."
                              "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Comment

Originally posted by ronin69
                                Asia, your wife may have arranged that "car accident" to keep you home. :)
                                Come to thing of it........

The difference is those guys have rich Brazilian fathers to get them out of trouble but you don't. Brazilian prisons == Hell on earth.
                                I'm fucking with you guys. I've learned my lesson years ago. Ever go out with guys and find out they are heavy drug dealers and very wanted. They throw around money like its nothing and act like they own the city. Now imgaine your the naive college student from a middle class family just back statside after liveing years in another country who just thought you were going out for some cool fun, Only thing that saved me was family on the force.
                                ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X