Boxing on Long Island ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing on Long Island ?

Does anyone know of any good boxing schools or gyms in the Western Suffolk area? I've looked in the yellow pages there's not too many. Thursday I'm going to look at a school in Bayshore to see what it's like, but I'm looking for suggestions from anybody who's been to any boxing schools in LI.

Well since no one answered I guess either no one knows or no one cares. So I checked out the boxing gym in Bayshore, and it's seems like a good place. They work on your stamina and strength first, and once you are ready they start with the actual boxing. I was told if your are in good shape you might be able to breeze through the first 2 levels and get to the boxing sooner. But the point is they don't put you in the ring until you're ready. The owner told me to try it for a week and if I like it signup. This place is in the basement of some lodge. Basically it looks like a huge old house, but you walk in and it's a scene out of Rocky. It definitely seems old school. This place is on 15 N Clinton Ave, it's called Lumberjack Lou's Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ojgsxr6
      Well since no one answered I guess either no one knows or no one cares. So I checked out the boxing gym in Bayshore, and it's seems like a good place. They work on your stamina and strength first, and once you are ready they start with the actual boxing. I was told if your are in good shape you might be able to breeze through the first 2 levels and get to the boxing sooner. But the point is they don't put you in the ring until you're ready. The owner told me to try it for a week and if I like it signup. This place is in the basement of some lodge. Basically it looks like a huge old house, but you walk in and it's a scene out of Rocky. It definitely seems old school. This place is on 15 N Clinton Ave, it's called Lumberjack Lou's Boxing.
      with boxing is easy. check how many competing athletes they have, both amateur and pro, and at what level. If you really want to make sure.
      Anyhow, it's really hard to find a bad boxing gym. It's a matter of choosing the one closer to your house.

Comment

Lou is a good friend of my mother's ex-boyfriend. I have heard really good things about him and his fighting ability and his gym (which is btw around the corner from my house). I would say stick with it for a month or so and see how you like it.

Kind regards,

Raul

Comment

http://www.boxinggyms.com/addresses/newyork.htm

http://www.usaboxingmetro.com/clubs.html#longisland2

That's funny, I was going to check out Lumberjack Lou's place too since I live on Long Island as well. Unfortunately my stamina is the worst ever so I doubt I'd be breezing through anything. Keep us updated on how the gym is there.

mr. gordo

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X