solo training for grappling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

solo training for grappling

How do you guys train by yourselves for grappling when you can't get a live person to train with? Let's say on your off-class days, or while travelling, or if you're by yourself and you can't get your training pals together for whatever reason? Are there any particular exercises you do or training equipment/gizmos you like to use?

Training dummy?
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

http://www.realdoll.com/

Comment

I few guys on here do some exercises with heavy bags. Perhaps they could fill you in on the details. Let me see if I can find a thread . . .
        MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
        "Fag."
        "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Comment

Maverick...I'm buying one of those.

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

get a gf..... :D
            Now or never.

Comment

Training dummy, like the one from gomass.
              I can GnP it, break its arms, legs, dislocate wrists and ankles, choke it til my arms turn red, and it never complaines or files a lawsuit.

Comment

Why would I need a gf whose going to bitch and whine when I can have a silicone doll with all the same anatomical positions, who I won't have to tell to shut the fuck up...AND (and this is the big reason for me)...I can slap her around all day. :)

Comment

I couldn't find that damn thread.

It was a thread about an instructional video where a guy shows you drills and exercises for grappling using a heavy bag.

"Fag."

Comment

It's a heavy bag workout video for grapplers by Matt Hatmaker. I have a copy and need to finish my review of it. I just got back from Brazil so I'll try to post a review in a couple weeks after I've done the workouts a few times.

Comment

I use my kids and a big stuffed bear.

Comment

Originally posted by blankslate
                        I use my kids
                        Video, please!

"Fag."

Comment

Maybe with the bear...

I can't wait for Katana's review. I like all of Hatmaker's stuff so far.

Comment

I practice my grappling movements while supporting my own BW. Example; start crouched down as if your in someones guard, then transition to side control, then 50/50, etc. etc. The main thing about all of this is that at no point do you allow your butt/back/knees to touch the ground (only your feet/hands). Keeping your body/butt low and practicing perfect form simulating whatever move you are doing. Admittedly this is for mostly the top game, but there are a bunch of things that one can do from the guard as well. After transitioning around like that for about 30 min. (depending on how hard you push yourself) you'll be huffing and puffing. Also you will notice a few improvements to your game, and overall balance when passing.
                            [A friend once told me he found Jennifer Connelly hot.
                            "Would she still be hot if she were melting in a car wreck, like at the end of Pollock, smelling of burnt hair and bubbling intestines?" I asked.
                            "Oh hell yeah."
                            "How? How would you even have sex with her?"
                            "Just let her cool and fold her over, like an omolette."
                            Since then we've always had this universal sign for Jennifer Connelly, it's like an "opening a book" motion, only backwards. And we are often known to softly remark "....like an omolette".]--boyd

Comment

Originally posted by Boogyman
                              I practice my grappling movements while supporting my own BW. Example; start crouched down as if your in someones guard, then transition to side control, then 50/50, etc. etc. The main thing about all of this is that at no point do you allow your butt/back/knees to touch the ground (only your feet/hands). Keeping your body/butt low and practicing perfect form simulating whatever move you are doing. Admittedly this is for mostly the top game, but there are a bunch of things that one can do from the guard as well. After transitioning around like that for about 30 min. (depending on how hard you push yourself) you'll be huffing and puffing. Also you will notice a few improvements to your game, and overall balance when passing.

LOL! Dude I would love to see video of you doing this alone. :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X