Tools of the McDojo/bullshido "Masters"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tools of the McDojo/bullshido "Masters"

Last edited by baltasargracian; 11/12/2004 12:13am, .

#8 No sparring incase of injuries/hurt egos; they do not want people leaving, rather, they would prefer everyone to beleive in a false sense of skill and security.

Also, they offer open challenges but do not back them up. eg Franco, Ashida Kim

Comment

Sweet, not to forget Stockholm syndrome~~~:D
      "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
      - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Comment

good post... sort of obvious but should help the noobs..
        Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
        -Styles i train in-
        Judo
        Bjj
        Mtkickboxing
        Western boxing
        Wrestling

Comment

Well put.

Comment

Don't forget ungodly mistranslations.
            IE, http://www.oomyungdoepgh.com/descriptions/kung_fu.html

Knowledge is your best weapon. And cross-training. And this.

Comment

Also part of #6. EXCLUSIVITY SYNDROME, is an excessive emphasis on "building character", "respect", "integrity", "honor", etc. The message is that as a student you are a more enlightened being than everyone else. Often this message is directed against other schools implying that if you study anywhere else you are or will become trash. This fits in nicely with the concept of "no competitions" since it would beneath you to fight someone else that clearly doesn't have the same status as you do.
              Last edited by Depth; 7/18/2004 6:52pm, .

Comment

There's a McDojo right near me. The ones here thrive on good ol' All American, family safe, good wholesome CHRISTIAN atmospheres. The instructors all have mustaches and drive American made pickup trucks pasted with bumper stickers that scream their devotion to Tae Kwon Do, their mcdojo, and just what they can do for your kid.

The one I was at, the instructor gave me the sad treatment when I didn't renew. Kind of like if a car salesman tried to sell you a car based on how bad his life's been going lately.

My wife left me, turns out for Danny Devito, I caught my son smoking crack and my daughter told me that she's a lesbian and she hates me, and what kind of Chevy are you looking to purchase today, sir?

Comment

Good, [nearly] complete list.
                  "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X