streetsurvival.tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

streetsurvival.tv

Has anyone here had any experience with Bill Miller and his streetsurvival "stuff". I'm particularly interested in hearing from other devil dogs like poidog, Ka-Bar, Capt Shady, etc.

http://streetsurvival.tv/

The picture of an old man in civilian PT gear in front of privates at MCRD SD at least gives the impression he has recently taught in boot. It's pretty hard to believe, but I guess anything is possible (given that he was recently certified as a CCI trainer). Smells to me like an old Gunny who probably has some good things to teach but is trying to cash in on his DI/CCI experience. Your thoughts?

Nah, it's just George Carlin's new comedy special on HBO.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Comment

ttt

Comment

AWFUL photoshop

Comment

I gotta go with Templar on this one. The fact that he appears to be floating in midair, not quite touching the ground, and to be lit differently than everyone else in the same photo, does not bode well for his honesty as an instructor.

Honestly, it kind of looks like the upper rows of "recruits" have been added after the fact as well, though I can't think of any reason for him to do so.

RUN AWAY!

Comment

That upper row of recruits are actually drill instructors. I certainly have not intention of training with the guy, but he has started advertising (including this months' Black Belt magazine). If he is legit, then so be it. If not, let's expose him.

Among other claims, he's a 9th Dan under Grandmaster Gary Alexander. WTF is Gary Alexander?

Comment

Ahhh...another vertical fisted IsshinRyu guy...should have known/guessed that. I think half of the Marine Corps (back in the 50's) studied IsshinRyu.

Comment

Comment

The shadows look legit to me. The entire picture has had a filter applied to it (either "oil paint" or "crystalline"). Theres a number of reasons why that might have been done, the favourite being that the web designer is a knob.
                  Possibly there are legal reasons, such as he was unable to get disclaimers from all those shown in the picture.
                  Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

Also, besides those two filters, I could also see using Artistic>Cutout, then pasting the cutout over the original and using some level of transparency. Either way, it looks like a wad of crap.

Comment

"marine corp style?" No real Leatherneck would let that slide.

Bad photoshop aside, there's just too much that smells like Bullshido for this to be legit.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Comment

A few years back Bill Miller was pitching karate in all the MA rags.Now he's a modern para military ninja.He must have taken a class in marketing.

Comment

LMAO, he really needs to work on his photo-shopping. That's terrible.
                          "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                          YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Working...
                          X