Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeddy
    replied
    I've sparred a wcer or two. Ones I'd rate higher came in with chain punching or at least body driven punches. The ones who didn't... I wasn't sure whether they were sparring or slapping.

Not insinuating manchuria here, just in case he's reading this an wondering. ;)

Leave a comment:

• WhiteShark
    replied
    I'd say, "Wow Tenokage, you been training with my girlfriend?!"

Leave a comment:

• SLJ
    replied
    The spinning hook kick is hidden in th3 d34dl3y Aikido secrets, damn it !

Leave a comment:

• Te No Kage!
    replied
    You know, to be serious for ten seconds, I've never seen WCers fight and don't know anything about WC so where's the disconnect? What's the big difference between what they train and what they fight? 3,2,1, whew, didn't think I'd make it.......

Leave a comment:

• Te No Kage!
    replied
    Originally posted by ronin69
    heck, if an aikido guy ko'd someone with a spinning hook kick, would you say" "nice irimi nage" ??
    You'd say "Wow, Tenokage, I didn't know you could kick like that!" and I'd say "Of course! Didn't you know that I'm part Portuguese!"

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    Originally posted by tai-gip

Wing Chun dosnt look like Wing Chun because the person kept trying to fight rather than learning the style some styles just look closer to plain fighting.

EH ???
    Judo looks like judo all the time, GJJ, looks like jujutsu all the time, even TKD looks like TKD, but wing chun ???
    And don't tell me "its there, you just can't see it", leave that to the ninjas, ok?

IF you practise a system a certain way, and it looks NOTHING like the way you practise when you fight, what's up with that ??

And while I am on it, if the two top practioners of Wing Chun, or Wing Tsun, or Ving Tsun, Fried chicken wing chun, DIDN'T look like they were doing Wing CHun when THEY fought, what does THAT say about the system? or at the very least, about those two hams ??

And this goes for EVERY system that train one way and fight another, heck, if an aikido guy ko'd someone with a spinning hook kick, would you say" "nice irimi nage" ??

Leave a comment:

• Te No Kage!
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidnemo
    I don't train with weapons...

But I've been known to deal out my share of acewhuppings when popping "wheelies" on my bicycle.
    This new allusion is here to stay and sure to become a mainstay of Bullshido jargon......

Viva la Wheelie de Morte!

Leave a comment:

• jkdbuck76
    replied
    Good rant, Ronin! I will tell you the same thing I tell lots of people: thanks for the clarity!

Leave a comment:

• Kidnemo
    replied
    I don't train with weapons...

But I've been known to deal out my share of acewhuppings when popping "wheelies" on my bicycle.

Leave a comment:

• MrMcFu
    replied
    Your thoughts are so scattered that it's like you didn't even read most of what Ronin wrote. Your input about WT and TKD were especially incomprehensible. The TKD stuff that Ronin said had nothing to do with the guy you named, and your WT comment made no sense whatsoever, especially when you are talking about some styles not looking like fighting.

If a martial art is really about fighting, how can it NOT look like fight . . . WTF.

Leave a comment:

• Zeddy
    replied
    Originally posted by tai-gip
    Wing Chun dosnt look like Wing Chun because the person kept trying to fight rather than learning the style some styles just look closer to plain fighting.
    Translation please? :mad:

Did you just say someone should have been learning the style while fighting?

Leave a comment:

• Rock Mechanic
    replied
    And another thing :
    MMA , what the fuck is that ?????
    LOL

MMA = fighting people from other styles and discovering:

a) you are monsterously unfit from your traditional training
    b) that whatever style people do they start off sparring much the same, i.e. very very badly
    c) people from shit styles can still beat you up
    d) fighting men in lycra has no dignity

And that someone is Portuguese!
    no no the Portuguese were beaten by the Greeks ho ho

Leave a comment:

• Te No Kage!
    replied
    Re: Another rant...

NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER.
    And that someone is Portuguese! :D

Leave a comment:

• LolodesBois
    replied
    I love how Ronin can put an end to 50 threads in one rant :-)

And yeah hitting 35 is a bitch :-(

So now what should we discuss ?

Leave a comment:

• tai-gip
    replied
    ok MrMcFu what did i miss
    and what in my reply showed you i missed it ?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X