Another rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronin69
    As for soemone being the best, never met them and don't know of anyone like that, do you?
    Tina Turner says that I'M the best, so there.

Comment

And while I am on it, if the two top practioners of Wing Chun, or Wing Tsun, or Ving Tsun, Fried chicken wing chun, DIDN'T look like they were doing Wing CHun when THEY fought, what does THAT say about the system? or at the very least, about those two hams ??

Comment

> YOU, sir, are a nitpicking bastard !!!
        Why, yes, thank you.

As for focussing on getting better at what YOU are doing, that makes sense now.

> As for soemone being the best, never met them and don't know of anyone like that, do you?
        Met them? No. But probably one of the top-notch guys in Pride or UFC is currently the best at unarmed one-on-one combat in the world (given that's what they're doing all day, and you get good at it by doing it). I may have met the best fighter in my city - which counts for something, because I'm not all that likely to get into a fight with some dude in Brazil while living in a suburb of Boston.

Comment

I suspect that the main reason the Bruce Lee developed JKD was because Wing Chun didn't work like it was supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by danjo
            I suspect that the main reason the Bruce Lee developed JKD was because Wing Chun didn't work like it was supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by tai-gip
              100% of fights dont include grapling and striking ..one hit knockout ,, unless you consider the paramedics lifting you or your opponent up after the knockout grappling but i get your point. Besides, What about me giving Blow Jobs? That's how most of my fights end up.

Wing Chun dosnt look like Wing Chun because the person kept trying to fight rather than learning the style some styles just look closer to plain fighting. Besides, Bruce Lee's body was Soooo Hot that I cream my panties when I watch him doing Wing Chun moves.

As for tkd anyone in Melbourne try to find Mr Jut korean tkd instructor and see what he can do with my tiny dick ...styles dont get beaten my meat does when I watch a TKD man do his thing..

No one better have sex with my mother after I do .. true motivation to ever strive to be better, but sometimes there is that one ..even if for only moments..

And i love little boys

"In my fantasies. I beat off to pictures of Count Dante" ...

Tai Gip, thanks for the insightful comments.

Comment

Re: Another rant...

\

I was going to comment on this based on your reply to the informal survey thread I started.

The thing is ronin, you have a family.

Lots of the people here are mid-late 20 males if I recall what Phrost said correctly. Frankly if you're single at that age all you do is drink and try and get laid.

When I was single I usually lifted 4-5 days a week and got in a solid 6-8 hours of ma training a week. I didn't have anything better to do and had the energy food and time that it didn't matter. I now wish I had trained something a little more "live" but I liked the instructor too much, even after I saw the differences between myself and the rest of the school.

The point is, for lots of people it doesn't matter. If they're single or at least not married it isn't a time sink.

Now my training is limited because I don't want to get home after 8 every night. That's my and your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by danjo
                  If I remember correctly, some of the reasons were that, Wing Chun couldn't be applied the SAME way in a REAl fight, as it is taught, and another reason was that, the punching wasn't as effective against a Larger opponent.
                  You will notice that, in JKD, there is MORE bodyweight behind the punch than in WC.

Comment

Re: Re: Another rant...

Originally posted by Dochter
                    \

I was going to comment on this based on your reply to the informal survey thread I started.

The thing is ronin, you have a family.

Lots of the people here are mid-late 20 males if I recall what Phrost said correctly. Frankly if you're single at that age all you do is drink and try and get laid.

When I was single I usually lifted 4-5 days a week and got in a solid 6-8 hours of ma training a week. I didn't have anything better to do and had the energy food and time that it didn't matter. I now wish I had trained something a little more "live" but I liked the instructor too much, even after I saw the differences between myself and the rest of the school.

The point is, for lots of people it doesn't matter. If they're single or at least not married it isn't a time sink.

Now my training is limited because I don't want to get home after 8 every night. That's my and your choice.
                    Agreed, 100%, when I was single I would train like a madman, but now, all I have are my rants !!!
                    And ENVY for all those that can workout so much !!
                    May you all get matburn on your nads !!!

Comment

Now I'm confused then. If you're simply jealous why was it in your rant as a bad thing?

Comment

any clinching?

Comment

Comment

Let me clear up the "100% of all fights involve striking and grappling" comment.
                            100 % of all REAL fights, NOT scraps, not a drunken guy getting beat up, not two kids punching each other in the face, REAL fights, that is to say: Between 2 people that KNOW how to fight.

And don't forget, anything other than a strike is grappling move.

Comment

Comment

You bring out a good point,
                                A while back I got one of those bodyfat scales , Tantia or some shit like that, and they have two settings, one for the everyday male and female and one for "athletes", now, if I remember correctly, the athlete setting was for those who do a MIN. of 10 hours of CARDIO per week.
                                Now, the way this scale works is that, it send an electriccal current through the body and depending on how much fat ( and water) you have in your body, it will take X amount of time and thuse calculate the bodyfat %.
                                Now, what the fuck THAT has to do with cardio is BEYOND me, because if ANYTHING is gonna change the reading its MUSCLE MASS and cardio does NOT effect muscle mass in a GOOD way.
                                I guy with more muscle mass, ie: bodybuilder, will have more much more muscle and weight then some guy that does 10 hours of cardio, right?
                                So what the fuck does cardio have to do with "being an athlete" under THESE circumstances ???
                                Can you tell me that !?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X