X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronin
    replied
    Originally posted by danjo
    I suspect that the main reason the Bruce Lee developed JKD was because Wing Chun didn't work like it was supposed to.
    If I remember correctly, some of the reasons were that, Wing Chun couldn't be applied the SAME way in a REAl fight, as it is taught, and another reason was that, the punching wasn't as effective against a Larger opponent.
    You will notice that, in JKD, there is MORE bodyweight behind the punch than in WC.

Leave a comment:

• Dochter
    replied
    Re: Another rant...

Originally posted by ronin69
    \

I was going to comment on this based on your reply to the informal survey thread I started.

The thing is ronin, you have a family.

Lots of the people here are mid-late 20 males if I recall what Phrost said correctly. Frankly if you're single at that age all you do is drink and try and get laid.

When I was single I usually lifted 4-5 days a week and got in a solid 6-8 hours of ma training a week. I didn't have anything better to do and had the energy food and time that it didn't matter. I now wish I had trained something a little more "live" but I liked the instructor too much, even after I saw the differences between myself and the rest of the school.

The point is, for lots of people it doesn't matter. If they're single or at least not married it isn't a time sink.

Now my training is limited because I don't want to get home after 8 every night. That's my and your choice.

Leave a comment:

• danjo
    replied
    Originally posted by tai-gip
    100% of fights dont include grapling and striking ..one hit knockout ,, unless you consider the paramedics lifting you or your opponent up after the knockout grappling but i get your point. Besides, What about me giving Blow Jobs? That's how most of my fights end up.

Wing Chun dosnt look like Wing Chun because the person kept trying to fight rather than learning the style some styles just look closer to plain fighting. Besides, Bruce Lee's body was Soooo Hot that I cream my panties when I watch him doing Wing Chun moves.

As for tkd anyone in Melbourne try to find Mr Jut korean tkd instructor and see what he can do with my tiny dick ...styles dont get beaten my meat does when I watch a TKD man do his thing..

No one better have sex with my mother after I do .. true motivation to ever strive to be better, but sometimes there is that one ..even if for only moments..

And i love little boys

"In my fantasies. I beat off to pictures of Count Dante" ...

Tai Gip, thanks for the insightful comments.

Leave a comment:

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied
    Originally posted by danjo
    I suspect that the main reason the Bruce Lee developed JKD was because Wing Chun didn't work like it was supposed to.

Leave a comment:

• danjo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Beatdown Richie
    replied
    > YOU, sir, are a nitpicking bastard !!!
    Why, yes, thank you.

As for focussing on getting better at what YOU are doing, that makes sense now.

> As for soemone being the best, never met them and don't know of anyone like that, do you?
    Met them? No. But probably one of the top-notch guys in Pride or UFC is currently the best at unarmed one-on-one combat in the world (given that's what they're doing all day, and you get good at it by doing it). I may have met the best fighter in my city - which counts for something, because I'm not all that likely to get into a fight with some dude in Brazil while living in a suburb of Boston.

Leave a comment:

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied
    And while I am on it, if the two top practioners of Wing Chun, or Wing Tsun, or Ving Tsun, Fried chicken wing chun, DIDN'T look like they were doing Wing CHun when THEY fought, what does THAT say about the system? or at the very least, about those two hams ??

Leave a comment:

• Matsufubu
    replied
    As for soemone being the best, never met them and don't know of anyone like that, do you?
    Tina Turner says that I'M the best, so there.

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    YOU, sir, are a nitpicking bastard !!! :)
    The one thing that is the "same" in every fight you had or will have, is YOU, the opponent maybe bigger, smaller, lighter, heavier, faster, slower, better or worse, so you really can't prepare for ALL eventualities, what I am saying is to stop worrying about what the OTHER guys is doing and concentrate on getting better at what YOU are doing.

The term Martial arts is applied to ALL forms of combat, so the term Mixed Martial Arts doesn't make any sense ( and yes, now I am nitpicking).

As for soemone being the best, never met them and don't know of anyone like that, do you?

Leave a comment:

• Beatdown Richie
    replied
    Ronin: I agree with most of your points, but some are inconsistent or make no sense.

e.g:
    > The only constant in any fight you have been in is : YOU.
    Hell no, I'm not the same I was a year ago, otherwise what would be the point of training??? I'm not even the same when I get up in the morning (yawn...), compared to when I go train in the evening.

or:
    > Martial arts by the very definition of the word encompasses EVERYTHING
    and then:
    > Judo looks like judo all the time, GJJ, looks like jujutsu all the time, even TKD looks like TKD
    so clearly there are distinct martial arts that focus on different aspects and look different. At what point does the concept of mixing matial arts become a problem? Does the concept of a mixed alcoholic drink confuse you, just because "alcoholic drinks" already includes Wodka AND Martini?

And a final point of nitpicking:

> NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER.
    Unless you are the best. Someone somewhere has to be, mathematically speaking, if the concept of "better" is applicable at all.

Leave a comment:

• MrMcFu
    replied
    Originally posted by Matsufubu
    Have you watched the videos in the downloads section? From what I can see, Wing Chun involves flailing with your fists and rolling around in t3h gr4ppl3 like in a playground fight.
    Do you mean to tell me you didn't recognize the first form in that? It's all there . . .

Leave a comment:

• LolodesBois
    replied
    A spining hook kick would be more of a tenkan move anyway :D

Leave a comment:

• Matsufubu
    replied
    Have you watched the videos in the downloads section? From what I can see, Wing Chun involves flailing with your fists and rolling around in t3h gr4ppl3 like in a playground fight.

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    Oh, before I forget:
    Never say "it can't be done", or "it doesn't work like that", or "can't be done on me".
    Because you will look like a giant phallus when some schmuck in a torn gi and wal-mart shopping bag, bitch slaps you up and down the floor and then proceedes to take you down, slap your ass, put you to sleep and tatoo his name of your ass.

Leave a comment:

• Matt W.
    replied
    Quality rant. And this... ...Is genius.

Matt

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X