No announcement yet.

Another rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good rant, Ronin! I will tell you the same thing I tell lots of people: thanks for the clarity!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidnemo
      I don't train with weapons...

But I've been known to deal out my share of acewhuppings when popping "wheelies" on my bicycle.
      This new allusion is here to stay and sure to become a mainstay of Bullshido jargon......

Viva la Wheelie de Morte!

Comment

Originally posted by tai-gip

Wing Chun dosnt look like Wing Chun because the person kept trying to fight rather than learning the style some styles just look closer to plain fighting.

EH ???
        Judo looks like judo all the time, GJJ, looks like jujutsu all the time, even TKD looks like TKD, but wing chun ???
        And don't tell me "its there, you just can't see it", leave that to the ninjas, ok?

IF you practise a system a certain way, and it looks NOTHING like the way you practise when you fight, what's up with that ??

And while I am on it, if the two top practioners of Wing Chun, or Wing Tsun, or Ving Tsun, Fried chicken wing chun, DIDN'T look like they were doing Wing CHun when THEY fought, what does THAT say about the system? or at the very least, about those two hams ??

And this goes for EVERY system that train one way and fight another, heck, if an aikido guy ko'd someone with a spinning hook kick, would you say" "nice irimi nage" ??

Comment

Originally posted by ronin69
          heck, if an aikido guy ko'd someone with a spinning hook kick, would you say" "nice irimi nage" ??
          You'd say "Wow, Tenokage, I didn't know you could kick like that!" and I'd say "Of course! Didn't you know that I'm part Portuguese!"

Comment

You know, to be serious for ten seconds, I've never seen WCers fight and don't know anything about WC so where's the disconnect? What's the big difference between what they train and what they fight? 3,2,1, whew, didn't think I'd make it.......

Comment

The spinning hook kick is hidden in th3 d34dl3y Aikido secrets, damn it !

Comment

I'd say, "Wow Tenokage, you been training with my girlfriend?!"

Comment

I've sparred a wcer or two. Ones I'd rate higher came in with chain punching or at least body driven punches. The ones who didn't... I wasn't sure whether they were sparring or slapping.

Not insinuating manchuria here, just in case he's reading this an wondering. ;)

Comment

Quality rant. And this... ...Is genius.

Matt

Comment

Oh, before I forget:
                      Never say "it can't be done", or "it doesn't work like that", or "can't be done on me".
                      Because you will look like a giant phallus when some schmuck in a torn gi and wal-mart shopping bag, bitch slaps you up and down the floor and then proceedes to take you down, slap your ass, put you to sleep and tatoo his name of your ass.

Comment

Have you watched the videos in the downloads section? From what I can see, Wing Chun involves flailing with your fists and rolling around in t3h gr4ppl3 like in a playground fight.

Comment

A spining hook kick would be more of a tenkan move anyway :D

Comment

Originally posted by Matsufubu
                            Have you watched the videos in the downloads section? From what I can see, Wing Chun involves flailing with your fists and rolling around in t3h gr4ppl3 like in a playground fight.
                            Do you mean to tell me you didn't recognize the first form in that? It's all there . . .

Comment

Ronin: I agree with most of your points, but some are inconsistent or make no sense.

e.g:
                              > The only constant in any fight you have been in is : YOU.
                              Hell no, I'm not the same I was a year ago, otherwise what would be the point of training??? I'm not even the same when I get up in the morning (yawn...), compared to when I go train in the evening.

or:
                              > Martial arts by the very definition of the word encompasses EVERYTHING
                              and then:
                              > Judo looks like judo all the time, GJJ, looks like jujutsu all the time, even TKD looks like TKD
                              so clearly there are distinct martial arts that focus on different aspects and look different. At what point does the concept of mixing matial arts become a problem? Does the concept of a mixed alcoholic drink confuse you, just because "alcoholic drinks" already includes Wodka AND Martini?

And a final point of nitpicking:

> NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER.
                              Unless you are the best. Someone somewhere has to be, mathematically speaking, if the concept of "better" is applicable at all.

Comment

YOU, sir, are a nitpicking bastard !!! :)
                                The one thing that is the "same" in every fight you had or will have, is YOU, the opponent maybe bigger, smaller, lighter, heavier, faster, slower, better or worse, so you really can't prepare for ALL eventualities, what I am saying is to stop worrying about what the OTHER guys is doing and concentrate on getting better at what YOU are doing.

The term Martial arts is applied to ALL forms of combat, so the term Mixed Martial Arts doesn't make any sense ( and yes, now I am nitpicking).

As for soemone being the best, never met them and don't know of anyone like that, do you?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X