Funny Aikido home page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny Aikido home page

i just stumbled on this by accident. we were affiliated with Sensei Baker when he was in Memphis and we went there for testing and seminars.

he now lives in Norfolk. he is funny, and so is his webpage.

this is a link to some aikido questions that he answered in his unique way and it's worth checking out the rest of the site as well.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jimbaker6/aa/askjim.htm

Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

Comment

Q: What about self defense?
      Aikido isn't a quick course in self defense. It takes a while before you could use the techniques. In Brooklyn, we'd answer this question with, "Look, you live in New York City. Sometime in the next five years you'll probably be mugged. They'll take your money, and maybe they'll hurt you. Or you can study Aikido. Here we will take your money every month, and guarantee to hurt you every time you come!"
      Classic, man.
      "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Comment

Shall hand him my title "Corny MAist" to him......:(
        "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
        - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Comment

Nice.

Comment

yes, he's very corny and funny but also one of the most intimidating people i have ever met.

i know he got at least a shodan in judo and his 4th degree in aikido, which = about 30 years.

his hands look like whole fucking hams with sausages as fingers and you can't get him off you unless you ask nicely

Comment

sounds like a cool guy to train with
              "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

Originally posted by kismasher
                yes, he's very corny and funny but also one of the most intimidating people i have ever met.
                For course,he can make you laugh until you roll on the ground with cramp stomach,then he trounce you~~~

i know he got at least a shodan in judo and his 4th degree in aikido, which = about 30 years.
                Seriously dangerous

his hands look like whole fucking hams with sausages as fingers and you can't get him off you unless you ask nicely
                You mean you have the urge to eat his hand?
                And hams and sausages go well with ketchup~~~
                "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
                - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Comment

you can't get him off you unless you ask nicely
                  Is that a challenge?

Q: How long does it take to get a black belt?
                  Six years, more or less. If you come every day and totally dedicate yoursef to training, it'll take eight.
                  HAHA!

This was pretty witty.
                  Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Originally posted by PizDoff
                    Is that a challenge?

well, he weighs like 260 and he's only about 5'8"

and yes a lot of it is fat, but he doesn't matter when he sprawls on your head.

he actually taught a sprawl at one seminar and buddy it wasn't fun to be used as the demo bitch

Comment

Its not fat, he posses great "hara" !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ronin69
                        Its not fat, he posses great "hara" !!!
                        ROFLMAO

Comment

well, he weighs like 260 and he's only about 5'8"

and yes a lot of it is fat, but he doesn't matter when he sprawls on your head.

he actually taught a sprawl at one seminar and buddy it wasn't fun to be used as the demo bitch
                          you didn't need to tell us that he's fat. he's an aikido instructor with 30 years experience, we could have deduced it from basic principles.

Comment

hehe

Comment

Classic things

Q: Do you ever, you know, "meet" somebody, on the mat?
                              You'll meet the mate of your dreams and knock him or her down repeatedly. Although it's hard to explain to the parents that your first date included an hour of fighting with men in dresses.

Q: Dear Just Ask Jim: What's that blue thing doing there?
                              You are either referring to a cut from the"They Might Be Giants" album or to my hakama. So hakama I wear a dress? One word: Tradition! (The chorus from "Fiddler on the Roof" swells in the background.) I've heard a number of explanations of why Aikidoka wear the hakama: they hide our footwork; they're traditional samurai garb; they help us keep our centers, but they're mainly just excuses. I suspect that we wear them because they look cool and give an aura of exotic dignity.

Q: Why do we do that hand wringing thing at the end of warm ups?
                              Hold on tight, bunkies; things are going to get rough. I'm going to quote Tamura Shihan's answer:

"Furitama is important because every class I followed with O Sensei he did it. Consequently, his pupils, including myself and you, must do it to find our its meaning for ourselves. What O Sensei said, for instance, was `You are standing with one foot put on the rock of the sky, the other foot on the rock of the earth'. This means you are standing in the center of the universe, You receive the ki from the sky and the ki from the earth at the point of unification (where the hands come together, left on top) and you move your hands because it is the mixing point. And that is where the energy takes life."
                              Tamura Shihan then goes into a comparison with sex which I've left out. No, really
                              Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X