sewing patches onto your gi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sewing patches onto your gi

So I recently got some patches into my possession that I want to sew onto my judo gi. I know that with patches on my gi, my grappling power will increase two-fold. But my jacket is pretty heavyweight. How in the hell do I sew patches onto that gi without breaking any needles? Do you guys have any tips for sewing patches into heavyweight gi?
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Take it to a dry cleaner/alteration place. Tell them where you want the patches. Come back in a couple days to pick up the gi. It will cost less than 10 bucks.

Comment

I'm with katana on this one, don't do it yourself. Its far too much work and strain to handle, just let the pros and old ladies go at it.
      "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
      - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

Yeah, if you are not skilled in sewing, that is the best way to do it. Another is to ask someone in your school that you know sews well to do it for you.
        One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Ask a good looking girl if she can sew it for you...and in repayment...well you know what to do. ;)
          "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
          - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

I hand-sewed a couple of patches onto my middleweight gi and they took a couple of hours each (I'm fairly slow at it). I don't see how you can break any needles unless you are referring to a sewing machine.

Comment

The number of patches directly compares to the level of how much you want to give blowjobs to men.

So... Throw it away ;).

Comment

I hold patches in the same regards as tatoos. If you aren't going to feel comfortable having them for the rest of your life then don't even bother. For instance, my first patch was a small Canadian flag and a yin/yang is always tasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL
                  The number of patches directly compares to the level of how much you want to give blowjobs to men.

So... Throw it away ;).
                  not this one, bitch
                  Attached Files
                  "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

TKN! has spken the correct!

Must now get a gi. ( could sew it on my backpack however)

Comment

WOOT WOOT!!!

Comment

Or this one for that matter...

Comment

I am the *only* guy at my school that has a completely bare gi.
                          MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
                          "Fag."
                          "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Comment

Shame on you.
                            Put on a patch immediately if not sooner.

Comment

Patches are illegal in Judo with few exceptions.
                              And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X