Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you get level promotions in your art!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vargas
    replied
    There actually IS a practical use for a belt. If you have a tweaked shoulder or elbow, you can anchor your bad arm in the belt and roll with someone using just your good arm and your legs. Of course, since we wear shorts and ratty t-shirts, we look pretty stupid with this dirty old yellow belt wrapped twice around us. That belt is pretty nasty looking, glad I have my tetanus shots.

Leave a comment:

• Zheng
    replied
    Likewise, Greese1.

Leave a comment:

• Greese
    replied
    Wow, Zheng, that is so creative. We have never heard that before.

Leave a comment:

• Zheng
    replied
    I have 2 brown belts and 2 black belts. It only took me about an hour to get them. I spent 10 minutes just picking them out, but I had to wait in line for a while because the lady in front of me bought so much stuff. Even the cashier was getting pissed. They're leather (imitation leather, at least), and they have silver buckles on the front, but I still think they're pretty sharp.
    From what I've seen, those are the only kinds of belts in the world with any real and/or consistent value.

Leave a comment:

• Greese
    replied
    Just because you are unable to understand them, does not make them mindless. Go ask your nice special ed teacher to explain them to you. Maybe they can find small enough words so you can understand.

Leave a comment:

• Jamoke
    replied
    your a LOSER greese1- your posts are clueless! mindless! useless-

Leave a comment:

• Greese
    replied
    Or too far above you. You are a bigger clown than Kungfoolss.

Leave a comment:

• Jamoke
    replied
    "Right, and that is down by a third party,"

you mean DONE?

you are far to rinkydink for me!

Leave a comment:

• Greese
    replied
    Right, and that is done by a third party, not the school in it's self. BTW- There are things called punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc that you might try to understand a bit better before calling someone dumb.
    You can not even string together a coherent thought, assuming you have one.

Edited by - greese1 on December 07 2002 22:26:45

Leave a comment:

• Jamoke
    replied
    "Well, it is ovious Jamoke has never been to college. In college, you pay for your classes, but you do not pay a different fee for your tests."

really you JERK OFF!

this is a very NOVICE conversation fukk suck, we are not talking about your fukking school (college) tests & quizs you complete MORON!

really you JERK OFF!

read my fukking post you fukk head! doctor, nurse, lawyer, certain engineering jobs, construction licenses. do i need to name a couple hundred other jobs.

airline pilots, DRIVERS LICENSES..

GEESH greese1, you are fukking dumb, this is an AMERICAN college student for you all!

Leave a comment:

• Greese
    replied
    Well, it is ovious Jamoke has never been to college. In college, you pay for your classes, but you do not pay a different fee for your tests.
    It should only cost if someone besides the instructor is doing the testing.

Leave a comment:

• Jamoke
    replied
    look, you go to school to become a doctor, nurse or lawyer, right. You pay for college. the in order to become a lawyer, you have to pass the bar, you have to take state boards to become a doctor or nurse.

testing requires a fee! every type of certification in the world requires a fee, why is rank advancement any different.

The belt & diploma and the instructors time. why shouldnt you pay a fee.

Leave a comment:

• Jamoke
    replied
    "We don't pay for testing so it's not like the McDojos that test whenever they need more money"

BULLSHIT, you should pay for testing!

Leave a comment:

• Omar
    replied
    My Sifu doesn't issue ranks or belts. Although if he feels you have learned a style sufficiently thouroughly and showed good character he will occasionally issue a 'quan pu', a handwritten book of techniques and their names and stuff which is sort of serves as documentation that you have officially learned the style from him.

It's a bit like a diploma.

Leave a comment:

• Jamoke
    replied
    so the colored belt tells you how someones ability is- what a dumb as fukking statement that is.

go to some tournaments, look at the candy cane belts, you know black belts with all kinds of stripes on them. most of them suck, just look at thier form & fighting ability.

I have news for ya greese1, first pull your head out ya ass, okay.

RANK DOES NOT REFLECT ONES FIGHTING ABILITIES or any ability for that matter.

fighting ability (on the street) NEVER

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X