Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you get level promotions in your art!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TKD Boxer - that sounds a bit fuked up to me???? 6 years? I've never heard of that...

Comment

TKD-

That is a long time. How long would it take to get to black.
      If that's the point where you've achieved understanding and application of most of a styles techniques they're either teaching slow or something.

Comment

Hell, kudos to the instructor for making rank mean something. 6 years is a long time, but why does it matter what rank you are? The only meaning I see in rank, is it gives other instuctors and students an idea what to expect from you ability wise.
        And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

WRONG you SUCK fuck! its kinda like grade school greese1, each colored belt represents a certain cirriculumn, (and i know i spelled it wrong)

you know, its dumb senseless fukks like you who give martial arts a bad rap. im glad your at least here flapping your gums than in public

colored belts represent lots of things, you fool!

but your too stupid for me to spend to much time on.

asshole!

Comment

In Ki Aikido, it usually takes about 6 months between each grading, then your Sensei will put you forward. Although, it does depend on how hard you work and how many hours you put in.

Regards,

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered,
            those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.
            Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." -O Sensei Ueshiba

Comment

so the colored belt tells you how someones ability is- what a dumb as fukking statement that is.

go to some tournaments, look at the candy cane belts, you know black belts with all kinds of stripes on them. most of them suck, just look at thier form & fighting ability.

I have news for ya greese1, first pull your head out ya ass, okay.

RANK DOES NOT REFLECT ONES FIGHTING ABILITIES or any ability for that matter.

fighting ability (on the street) NEVER

Comment

My Sifu doesn't issue ranks or belts. Although if he feels you have learned a style sufficiently thouroughly and showed good character he will occasionally issue a 'quan pu', a handwritten book of techniques and their names and stuff which is sort of serves as documentation that you have officially learned the style from him.

It's a bit like a diploma.
                Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Comment

"We don't pay for testing so it's not like the McDojos that test whenever they need more money"

BULLSHIT, you should pay for testing!

Comment

look, you go to school to become a doctor, nurse or lawyer, right. You pay for college. the in order to become a lawyer, you have to pass the bar, you have to take state boards to become a doctor or nurse.

testing requires a fee! every type of certification in the world requires a fee, why is rank advancement any different.

The belt & diploma and the instructors time. why shouldnt you pay a fee.

Comment

Well, it is ovious Jamoke has never been to college. In college, you pay for your classes, but you do not pay a different fee for your tests.
                      It should only cost if someone besides the instructor is doing the testing.
                      And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

"Well, it is ovious Jamoke has never been to college. In college, you pay for your classes, but you do not pay a different fee for your tests."

really you JERK OFF!

this is a very NOVICE conversation fukk suck, we are not talking about your fukking school (college) tests & quizs you complete MORON!

really you JERK OFF!

read my fukking post you fukk head! doctor, nurse, lawyer, certain engineering jobs, construction licenses. do i need to name a couple hundred other jobs.

airline pilots, DRIVERS LICENSES..

GEESH greese1, you are fukking dumb, this is an AMERICAN college student for you all!

Comment

Right, and that is done by a third party, not the school in it's self. BTW- There are things called punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc that you might try to understand a bit better before calling someone dumb.
                          You can not even string together a coherent thought, assuming you have one.

Edited by - greese1 on December 07 2002 22:26:45

Comment

"Right, and that is down by a third party,"

you mean DONE?

you are far to rinkydink for me!

Comment

Or too far above you. You are a bigger clown than Kungfoolss.

Comment

your a LOSER greese1- your posts are clueless! mindless! useless-

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X