What about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about this?

In the first thread that I wrote some of you guys were surprised that except for my FSD school, there was no decent MA school around my location, considering that I'm living in montreal... This statement bugged me a little so I made a little search over the net, and in a way I was right: most of the MA location in the city are either WTF TKD, AIKI BUDO/ DO/ IAIDO, or weak ass KARATE ('cause I know that some are good)...
    However this is the only place that I founded decent, if I'm not considering MY school... http://www.montrealmartialarts.com/english/index.htm
    What do you think about it?

Dog Brothers, BJJ, Muay Thai... Can't suck by any indication...

Comment

Dude, Iado rocks.
      "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
      - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

Boxing, Kajukenbo, BJJ, Muay Thai...

Dude, this is a like a Martial Artists heaven...don't pass it up.
        "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
        - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

Just seems like an Inosanto JKD place to me ...

But its GOT to be better than Fang Shen Do ...

Comment

I would kill to train there.

Go there and ask to spar with someone who's been training as long as you have. Then report back to us.
            "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
            West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
            (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Comment

If youre able ...

Comment

Originally posted by Djimbe
                Just seems like an Inosanto JKD place to me ...

But its GOT to be better than Fang Shen Do ...

Comment

Comment

We are talking top in north america... 4 only in Canada... which means that my school was considered at least #4 in Canada...

Comment

yeah but those lists tend to suck

Comment

Oh, and why's that?

Comment

They usually have some weirdass way of choosing like highist amount of blackbelts or most profitable or some shit like that ;)

Comment

Originally posted by fang shen do
                            Oh, and why's that?
                            because the people that make the list don't do MA

Comment

Originally posted by fang shen do
                              Better ? Oh please... Why would I go into a school that offers multiple styles (even if some are the best around) and attend multiple classes, when my school created a style that include all of those principles... Do I need to make you guys remember that FSD is considered one of the best styles in Canada?
                              Wan't proofs? here:

I doubt that every aspect of every part of the fighting game is part of the collective whole that is FSD. You also say that the school includes all those principles. But how much does it cover of the actual philosophy and techniques of each principle? I could say that my new Tae Kwon Do system incorporates grappling and knifefighting because we have one punch that we put a knife in our hand and one throw.

btw, what does wan't abbreviate? Wan Not?

The Prime Minister of Cana does not do martial arts, and Martial Arts are not concerned with community service.

I think Frank Dux was inducted into a few Halls of Fame as well. btw, I would think he should be grandmaster of his own system by 1999.

Like it was said, the people who make the list usually don't do martial arts. lets make a bet that theres quite a few WTF/ITF/Tiger Schulmann's on that list eh?

Theres like 12 World Martial Arts Hall of Fames and for some reason none of the good schools are on them. Where's Fairtex? Paulson's CSW? DBMA? Wait, I only see Ashida Kim.

William Cheung is on like every cover of Black Belt Magazine.

Creating things once again, does not qualify as being a good martial artist.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X