Those wacky martial artists 2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those wacky martial artists 2...

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Annnndddd, yet again, it's only significant info if you can show statistical, provable, un-biased, error free mathematical probabilty and incidence tables that show the occurance of violence and lunacy in the MA community is greater than the average for the rest of the species. Anecdotal evidence can prove nothing.

I'm not saying it isn't true, by the way, that MA's in general are crazier/more violent than average. Just that this scatter-shot bullshit approach proves nothing and detracts from all claims on either side.

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

Court of appeals of the state of Alaska

John Holloway V. State of Alaska

No. 4605 - August 14, 2002

F. Kauvar sentenced Holloway to twenty years with five years suspended for manslaughter and one year for tampering with physical evidence. She ordered the sentences to run concurrently. Judge Kauvar placed Holloway on probation for ten years following his release from incarceration. Holloway appeals his sentence, arguing that it is excessive.

We affirm. Holloway, Dale DePue, Jr., and Shawn Aldridge met a taxi driver, Maurice Lee Smith, the evening of July 31, 1998. Smith drove the men around Fairbanks without charging them. Apparently the men took offense at something Smith said and decided to assault him. The men convinced Smith to go into the woods with them where they confronted him and began beating him. They beat Smith until he died, leaving his body in the woods. They attempted to dispose of his taxi by submerging it in the Tanana River. But the taxi was discovered the next day, partially submerged and filled with rocks.

A relative of Smith filed a missing person's report, and the police began to search for him. In the spring of 1999, a skull, bones, clothing fragments, a knife, a knife case, and papers were found in the woods. The remains were ultimately identified as Smith's. The police investigation led to Shawn Aldridge, who confessed to the homicide and implicated DePue and Holloway. When confronted by Aldridge's confession, DePue also admitted to participating in the homicide. The state charged Holloway, Aldridge, and DePue with murder in the first degree and tampering with physical evidence. Aldridge entered a plea to a reduced charge of murder in the second degree and was sentenced to twenty years of imprisonment.

DePue entered a plea to a reduced charge of manslaughter and was sentenced to twenty years with five years suspended. Holloway went to trial, charged with murder in the first degree. Both Aldridge and DePue testified against Holloway. According to their testimony, Holloway participated in the assault on Smith and, as Aldridge and DePue walked away from Smith's body, Holloway slit Smith's throat.

Holloway testified that he had been drunk most of the night of the homicide and did not remember much. He admitted to being present with DePue and Smith at the time of the assault and to seeing DePue and Aldridge assault Smith. But he stated he didnot recall assaulting Smith. He contended that he was, at most, guilty of simply not intervening or reporting the crime. The jury acquitted Holloway of first- and second-degree murder but convicted him of the lesser-included offense of manslaughter and tampering with evidence. Holloway was thirty years old at the time of sentencing. He had no prior criminal record. As a first felony offender convicted of manslaughter, Holloway faced a presumptive sentence of five years of imprisonment. Judge Kauvar found that two aggravating factors applied: that Holloway's conduct during the offense

Holloway raises several arguments concerning his sentence. He first contends that Judge Kauvar erred in finding the deliberate cruelty aggravating factor. "We have previously defined deliberate cruelty as conduct which involves gratuitously inflicted torture or violence." Judge Kauvar found that Holloway and his co-defendants lured Smith into the woods, without any provocation by Smith, and beat him to death. According to the testimony presented at trial, the defendants, who had some training in the martial arts, practiced their kicking and hitting on Smith until he was dead. These facts support a finding of deliberate cruelty.

Edited by - kungfoolss on December 02 2002 21:46:38

Comment

Spencer Goodman
          Spencer Corey Goodman, 31, was executed by lethal injection on 18 January 2000 in Huntsville, Texas, for carjacking and murdering a 38-year-old woman.

In July 1991, Goodman, then 22, approached Cecile Ham, 38, in a store parking lot in Houston. He knocked her unconscious, pushed her into her car, and drove off. After a while, he stopped and killed Ham by breaking her neck. He then put Ham's body in the trunk and continued driving until he reached a rural area in West Texas. There, he dumped Ham's body. Goodman continued to drive Ham's car and used her credit cards throughout his travels. Goodman was aprehended five weeks later in Colorado, following a high-speed chase with police, in which he wrecked Ham's car.

Cecile Ham was the wife of Bill Ham, the manager of the rock group ZZ Top.

After his arrest, Goodman confessed to Ham's murder. In his written confession, he stated, "I had been walking for a long time and my feet hurt and I wanted some transportation." When he described how he broke Ham's neck, he wrote, "I then used martial arts and broke the lady's neck. I don't know why I did it ... I knew that she was dead when I put her in the trunk because I felt on her pulse."

Goodman was returned to Texas, where he led law enforcement officials to Ham's remains. He also made a videotaped confession that was consistent with his earlier written statement.

At his trial, Goodman admitted knocking Ham unconscious and stealing her car, but he denied breaking her neck and said that he did not intend to kill her.

Goodman had at least two prior felony convictions. He was sentenced to 2 years in prison for burglary of a building and began serving his sentence in February 1989. He was paroled after 4 months. In 1990, he was convicted of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and sentenced to five years in prison. He served three months of that sentence from September to December 1990. (At the time, early release was common in Texas due to strict prison population caps imposed by U.S. District Judge William Wayne Justice.) He was returned to custody for a parole violation, then released again in July 1991. He murdered Cecile Ham the day after his release.

A jury convicted Hicks of capital murder in May 1992 and sentenced him to death. The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals affirmed the conviction and sentence in April 1996. All of his subsequent appeals in state and federal court were denied.

In his last statement, Goodman expressed love to his family. The lethal injection was then started. Hicks was pronounced dead at 6:22 p.m.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start

Comment

"Pencak silat is a sport using a combination of martial arts and ballet and is popular in Indonesia"

funniest shit i heard in mcdojo

"said and done"

Comment

interesting. i must be lucky to have trained with about 150 people and not one mass murderer.
              Well, we have only your word to go on, now don't we?

Besides, it is only a matter of perspective my friend. From my vantage point, you've potentially murdered 150 naive students by imparting life-endangering training, completely ignoring the realities of combat. A stylist such as yourself, only needs to look into a mirror to see a mass murderer being reflected back at you.

In any event, without a biographical history of each student, how can you state this with any degree of certainty? What you really mean to say, is that they haven't murdered anyone up to this point. My advice is to give it a few years, maybe one of them will surprise you. The fact you aren't able to comprehend any of this, speaks volumes of your sad talents as an instructor.

You have my pity

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

Fool, how about you reply to JKDChick?

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that Kungfoos is Not a normal person. Then again, who is? You will burn in hell Kungfoos and you have embraced the dark side of the force. Once you follow down that road, you cannot turn back. You are evil Kungfoos, evil I tell you. jk Pretty funny stuff huh.

nuff said*

Comment

I'd have to agree with JDK chick. Please show us some statistics or some real reasearch.

How is this any different then the people who pick up guns and kill people? I'm pretty sure that theres more of those then any MA related killings.

Hell, I bet mullets make you a mass murderer too! Actually, I'm pretty sure about this one.. especially the ones with molester mustaches! :D

Comment

Comment

Fool, how about you reply to JKDChick?
                        Why should I waste my time? From what I've read of her comments, she's just some dumb chick.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that Kungfoos is Not a normal person. Then again, who is? You will burn in hell Kungfoos and you have embraced the dark side of the force. Once you follow down that road, you cannot turn back. You are evil Kungfoos, evil I tell you. jk Pretty funny stuff huh.
                          KK, I seem to get a lot of that sort of thing from all those mind-warped religious zealots out there. I think there was some snot-nosed kid (talking about weights) earlier threatening me with eternal damnation. (Chuckling) It's comforting to see how such arrogance will send those individuals exactly to the same place they wish upon others.

It's a shame isn't it, that an atheist would exercise a greater understanding of the tenets of religion than the supposed "believer" himself. (Sighs)

Comment

Why waste your time? I think it'd be a good way to prove that MA are the crazy people you think they are. That is.. unless you don't have the knowledge and education necessary to compile the figures that would prove your case once and for all (you could even publish it in a peer reviewed journal, just to be sure)

Comment

There is a bad egg in every group. Thats my motto. It should be like a law or something like that watchamacallit Murphy's law or something. Yeah thats it.

nuff said*

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X