X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&threadid=6101

go there for all your chi needs.

Comment

Good points Asia, I wasnt trying to use religion to backup a statement. I was using it as an example of things that cant be seen. Your right though Human beings arent designed to produce electrity, but we are damn good conductors of it. Electric Eels are a fish, part of the electric fish family (i can look up the exact time if so desired) they produce electricity through specialized block cells that channel and store their bioelectrical currents. Human beings are not made with these cells, your correct on that, but we do have bioelectricity. There are phenomemn (sp?) out there that we cant explain or can but not indepthly. Examples, humans use about 25% of their total brain compasity, some scientists believe the rest is stored in memory but upon taking brain waves samples from patients, only certain regions of the brain were effected when trying to recall events, ect. True to life Dim Mak is called Commotio Cordis in medicine. Its the spontaneous cardiac arrythmia (asystle) caused by a blow to the chest to which total cardiac death is 10-30 seconds. Is this caused by the blow to the chest? Yes, and no. If you are hit in the chest in the very very VERY (10microseconds eyes blinks once at 40-60mcs) short amount of time it takes your heart to reset to prepare for the next beat, you are dead. No ifs ands or buts about it. If your hit under the hyoid bone (adams apple) with a fair amount of force, your treache will close and you COULD affixiate.

As i said before, as for Chi being able to KO a person with just a touch, doubtful but you never know. IMO the Chi that can take life or KO someone with one touch goes into the same catagory as Psi abilities.

(on a personal note, IMO chi is the souls energy)
      Last edited by Fa Jing; 6/22/2004 4:59am, .

Comment

I just had another thought, maybe what Chi was called in ancient times was actually Static electricity? maybe?

Comment

Not a big fan of chi, sorry, i'm a non believer...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Glass
            There are phenomemn (sp?) out there that we cant explain or can but not indepthly. Examples, humans use about 25% of their total brain compasity, some scientists believe the rest is stored in memory but upon taking brain waves samples from patients, only certain regions of the brain were effected when trying to recall events, ect.
            I love the humans dont use all of thier brain theory. People always use this to imply that humans have special powers. Don't they realize that psychologists have proven that as BS a long time ago?

Let me tell you something, if you didnt use all of your brain you would die. If we didn't use something in our body, we would lose it to evolution like the appendix or the human tail. This especially goes for something that has supposedly not seen use since the beginning of mankind.

Telepathy and mental powers are the dream of a lazy man. The kind that invents televisions with remote controls, elevators and automobiles. God forbid that we would have to actually lift a finger to do something in this day and age.

Comment

what about women which lifted a car to save their child?

Comment

Andrenaline
                Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

She Hulk
                  Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that kickboxing is commonly known as fighting while grappling simply isn't. - Osiris

Comment

what is andrenaline?

Comment

Originally posted by Azteca
                      And by the way the only use I have for Chi is when I say it twice to say tits in spanish slang.
                      So the ChiChi's mexican resturant really means....
                      Seventh: If you think TKD doesn’t work, your right, until you get the side of you face smashed with a roundhouse kick. -- ronin69

It's just that I carry weapons and have no moral compass anymore. -- JKDChick

At least until the Wing Chun clown car arrives. --JKDC

Comment

So it's safe to say "Tit's" has the best chips and salsa around here?
                        Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that kickboxing is commonly known as fighting while grappling simply isn't. - Osiris

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X