BFP??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because I don't believe in auras.

If you really think you can see them, why don't you look into this prize? If anyone offered me a million bucks to demonstrate an unusual talent, I'd be on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Comment

I will look into it. There's a 65 person waiting list from what it seems, and I want to have enough practice to be able to do it on the spot.

I never saw it as a matter of believing, it's just there. Like everything else. Who knows how much else goes on, as far as energy reactions, that no human eye can see.
      Brendayan
      Fury's Edge
      Morell-Thule

Comment

Originally posted by Stold3
        All objects generate some kind of staticy patterns.
        I'd begin by talking to a good optometrist.

After that, please keep us posted. If you can win this prize, you'll revolutionize science as we know it. I'd love to say I was at ground zero.

But somehow I doubt I'll have the opportunity.
        "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
        West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
        (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Comment

"I'd begin by talking to a good optometrist."

It's all good, it's easy to be skeptical.

If anything develops I will let bullshido know.
          Brendayan
          Fury's Edge
          Morell-Thule

Comment

You might have to have a *hits head hard with hand* brain scan (can't think of the proper term) just to prove that everything is normal upstairs first. I have a mate with epilepsy who gets all sorts of weird visual shit happening all the time. His medication controls it to a point but he still gets 'auras'. And yes, thats the technical term the doctor gave the feeling he (my friend) gets when he feels a fit coming on, but the medication prevents it from turning it into a full blown fit.

Comment

Really? Hmmm. That's not a good thing to hear. I see crazy shit sometimes, like a whisp of smoke out of the corner of my eye that isn't present when I look directly at it. Sometimes different colored two dimensional dots will flash into view for a second then disappear as well. These things seem to happen more frequently when I've had sufficient "alone time" with my bong.
              Brendayan
              Fury's Edge
              Morell-Thule

Comment

Aha!! A bit more background info required. My mate had cancer when he was 12 and had his left leg amputated from just under the knee down. He smoke shitloads of bongs from about 16 to 24, he also drank a shiteload of beer and smoked heaps of ciggas. Basically he had no fear of death cos he had faced it during chemo and pulled through. I don't want to worry you, but he started seeing things out of the corner of his eye towards 24.

Then a couple of years ago he started having 'auras' and passing out. As a result his head got banged up well and good, even having a bath was a hazard. Then the doctors told him he had epilepsy and put him on heaps of medication.

Recently he had toxic shock syndrome from one of the medications, although the doctors told him he had to quit smoking and drinking or he'd die within a few years. He had to quit working in pubs cos he started drinking at 11am every day (yes, he was, and now admits he was alcoholic). He now saves $250 a week.

I reckon you should try giving the bongos a rest for a month (yes, i know, insomnia is fucked) to see if that helps with the visual shite. If its still happening, see a doctor.

Comment

Ouch. That sounds like a struggle. Sorry for your friend.

I have trade my bong for a rifle when I join the army anyways, so, we'll see.
                  Brendayan
                  Fury's Edge
                  Morell-Thule

Comment

You going full-time army? I know some guys who were in East Timor doing peacekeeping, and man, when they were on holiday they went hardcore, then they had to wind it up a couple of weeks before going back cos of the drug testing.

Good luck and I hope it goes well for ya.

Comment

Yeah, Military doesn't fuck around with drug testing from what I understand. Of course, if I were in East Timor surrounded by cheap illicit substances, the temptation would be great.
                      Brendayan
                      Fury's Edge
                      Morell-Thule

Comment

Gee, we only went A LITTLE off topic, sorry ya'll.

Comment

Meh. Dont worry about it. I'm sure Mr. Doo wai has no intention of answering my question anyway.

Comment

My investigations have lead me to find that chi can not be projected. It may sound shocking, but I assure you with reasonable accuracy, that it is true.

That instant smoke thing is kind of cool though. I am going to have to pick some of that up, have a little fun with the beginners.
                            “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

My views on Chi are alittle different than some but heres my 2 cents anyway.

To me Chi is the bioelectric/biothermal/biochemical energy released in (all organisms have atleast one of the 3 forms) our bodies when we move, think, talk, anything we do basically. If one could learn to "project" this like an electric eel does, then you could do some things. Ex. heating your hands up (a small example of this is when you rub your hands together rapidly) they get warm right? What if you could somehow learn to control and direct that heat to whatever part of the body you wish. Really, i think Chi is like telekenesis or any other Psi, ive never seen it, might exist might not. Just because you cant see it doesnt mean its not there, alot like God.

Comment

Nice THEORY Mr Class but unfortunately they hold little weight in actual reality.

To me Chi is the bioelectric/biothermal/biochemical energy released in (all organisms have atleast one of the 3 forms) our bodies when we move, think, talk, anything we do basically. If one could learn to "project" this like an electric eel does, then you could do some things. Ex. heating your hands up (a small example of this is when you rub your hands together rapidly) they get warm right? What if you could somehow learn to control and direct that heat to whatever part of the body you wish.
                                First off and electric eel (which is actually NOT in the eel family) is designed to generate and discharge electricity. Just like farious other organisms are DESIGNED with features to survive in their habitat. Humans are not designed to discharge electricity.

Second: Your hands get warm when you rub them together because of FRICTION HEAT GENERATION not bioelectrical or even biothermal energy.

Really, i think Chi is like telekenesis or any other Psi, ive never seen it, might exist might not. Just because you cant see it doesnt mean its not there, alot like God.
                                NEVER try to use Religion to back up an arguement such as this. You are in a LOSE/LOSE situation. There is NO WAY you can prove or disprove the existence of God by the very nature of the religious practices themselves. (ie FAITH) So ultimately is it an invalid point.

Pple question CHI because so many claim they can produce tangible effects with it, such as burning paper, smoke, etc. Yet they FAIL everytime it is tested. If I claim to be able to generate smoke by the sole means of my internal energy then a great way to prove it is to show a third party I can by washing my hands to show I am not using any chemical trickery and peform the feat. If i claim to beable to knock pple out without touching them then I should be able to go to almost any guy off the street (except those rascally BJJ athelets because they are resistent:D) and KO of them.
                                ______
                                Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                                -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                                The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                                -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X