Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BFP??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    It never ceases to amuse me when I see crap like this and there are people actually BELIEVING and DEFENDING it.

    Comment


      #32
      So tell me Doo wai, why exactly do you need to rub your fingers together in order to "materialize" your chi? Surely it would be more amazing if you could materialize your chi by keeping your hands still after washing them.

      Comment


        #33
        There are scientists out there who have used rational knowledge to prove the validity of religious miracles and up to witchcraft magic. And even if the possibilities are astronomical of those things happening a rational being can accept it as scientific phenomenon taken with a grain of salt. There are books and columns in various institutions of academia on the subject of metaphysics and t.v. shows for the average Joe to have a glimpse of it and again you take it with a grain of salt.

        And now we have the enigmatic subject of Chi (the villagers go "oooooh").

        Traditional MA`s have performed feats above the average human being through superior training so thats a no brainer and proven through history and fact. Now what I cannot beleive is an invisible force (at least gravity can be seen through action) that appear as nothing more than parlor tricks for the average mind. Now people on this board can educate me in the fighting arts without insulting my intelligence as long as I respect their dedication to what they practice. But the people who defend Chi wants you to feel stupid that you do not understand just cause they just happen to be one of the chosen ones to do this Chi crap and you are not end of story.

        Even a magician would tell you their tricks are nothing more than that.

        And by the way the only use I have for Chi is when I say it twice to say tits in spanish slang.

        Comment


          #34
          The closest thing I could think of to "chi," as far as a real life comparison goes, would indeed be the body's natural auric field. The colors change depending on your train of thought, emotion, current composure, etc. It's an exhaust product given off by your nervous system.
          Brendayan
          Fury's Edge
          Morell-Thule

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Stold3
            The closest thing I could think of to "chi," as far as a real life comparison goes, would indeed be the body's natural auric field. The colors change depending on your train of thought, emotion, current composure, etc. It's an exhaust product given off by your nervous system.
            Wait, did you just write "real-life" and "auric field" in the same sentence?

            You're joking, right?

            Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

            Comment


              #36
              Oh right, I forgot this was bullshido. Let me don my fireman suit real quick.

              Call it what you want, but it is there. Most people can see it if they just focus in on it. I don't know what the whole third eye business is--Probably just a mental placebo to help you along.

              It takes me a bit of time and effort, but basically I try to "slow down" my perception of things. After a while, very faint patterns begin to appear in layers around people. Everything, actually, but living things seem to have more. The patterns look like different frequencies of static on a television set. Finally, after a long meditative process, the frequencies begin to faintly manifest as colors.
              Brendayan
              Fury's Edge
              Morell-Thule

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Stold3
                Oh right, I forgot this was bullshido. Let me don my fireman suit real quick.

                Call it what you want, but it is there. Most people can see it if they just focus in on it. I don't know what the whole third eye business is--Probably just a mental placebo to help you along.

                It takes me a bit of time and effort, but basically I try to "slow down" my perception of things. After a while, very faint patterns begin to appear in layers around people. Everything, actually, but living things seem to have more. The patterns look like different frequencies of static on a television set. Finally, after a long meditative process, the frequencies begin to faintly manifest as colors.
                Sounds more like a migraine, epilepsy, or simple retinal fatigue to me, but what do I know?

                Why don't you collect Randi's million dollar prize?

                Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

                Comment


                  #38
                  How the hell would that allow me to collect randi's prize?
                  Brendayan
                  Fury's Edge
                  Morell-Thule

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Stold3
                    How the hell would that allow me to collect randi's prize?
                    A few years ago, an "aura reader" from the Berkeley Psychic Institute attempted to collect Randi's prize when it was a mere $10,000.

                    From SkepDic.com
                    Furthermore, the best aura reader in the West was tested before a live television audience and failed miserably. The Berkeley Psychic Institute (BPI) sent their top aura reader for a chance to win $10,000 if she could prove her powers. She agreed that the devised test was a fair and accurate. The test was televised on a program hosted by Bill Bixby. James Randi put up the $10,000. The psychic was presented with about twenty people on stage and was asked if she could see their auras. She said that she could see the auras, they all had one and they emanated at least a foot or two above each person's head. The twenty aura-wearing people then went offstage. A curtain was lifted, revealing a number of partitions behind which only some of the twenty people were standing. Thus, Bixby and the psychic were looking at twenty partitions but only several of them had a person behind it. The psychic was asked if she could see any auras creeping up above the partitions. She said she could. To get her ten grand all she had to do was correctly identify each partition that had a person behind it. She was to do this by seeing each person's aura above the partition. The audience was given an aerial camera view of the proceeding. Well, the psychic claimed that she saw an aura above all the partitions and that there was a person behind each partition. The partitions were removed, revealing about 6 people behind the partitions. The psychic didn't even seem surprised. She might console herself that 6 out of 20 is not bad in a hostile arena.
                    Maybe you can top her performance.

                    Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

                    Comment


                      #40
                      That is interesting. Do I really get a million dollars?

                      How big are the partitions? No field I've ever seen has ever extended beyond two or three inches from the person, and are usually smaller.
                      Brendayan
                      Fury's Edge
                      Morell-Thule

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Stold3
                        That is interesting. Do I really get a million dollars?

                        How big are the partitions? No field I've ever seen has ever extended beyond two or three inches from the person, and are usually smaller.
                        Work all that out with Mr. Randi, it's his money afterall, not mine.

                        And yes, if you can see auras under laboratory conditions with impartial observers present, you can get a million bucks.

                        http://www.randi.org/research/challenge.html

                        Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

                        Comment


                          #42
                          I'm still not sure how it could be proven that I can see a damn thing. All objects generate some kind of staticy patterns. If the partitions were small enough perhaps.
                          Brendayan
                          Fury's Edge
                          Morell-Thule

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Well, if you can figure out a way, there's a million dollars waiting for you. Don't waste any time!
                            "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

                            Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

                            West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
                            West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
                            (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

                            Comment


                              #44
                              So technically speaking, you should be able to see 'auras' in a perfectly dark room, right??

                              Comment


                                #45
                                I was just thinking of that, but given that the eyes work completely on light I don't think so.

                                Hmmm, I sense skepticism. Which is good. Why don't you try it for yourselves?
                                Brendayan
                                Fury's Edge
                                Morell-Thule

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X