Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Clugston - Gladiator Fighting?

http://www.safetytechnology.com/clugston.htm

"easy-to-learn" , "perfect","you can learn it all almost immediately!" "...no other fighter on the planet...", "It can be learned in 3 days,"

Above are just some of the quotes from the add. Ummmm, I smell something....what is it? Ahhh, smells like shit to me! I mean come on, here's another one...."It's true, honest science" - so, do we have published articles on this?

Comment

everyone stop training, we can all become elite in just 3 days.

Comment

Well, he said "SUPER" and "MEGA" so I guess that either means he's totally sweet or a mongoloid sodomite.
        Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

How the hell does a fighting system used in ancient Rome have a Gaelic name anyway? The Romans had enough language to define their own type of fighting if they ever did have one.

Comment

Ah, the memories. Christophe Clugston and his Cohmrac Bas were in my first issue of Black Belt, and even then I wondered why you would hammerfist someone in the forehead after blocking a roundhouse kick.
            Originally posted by The Wastrel
            I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

goddamn orientals

Comment

I was waiting for this to happen.

Comment

Yeh, we've discussed Clugston before. He's an ex-bouncer, JKD guy who must have thought that this was not enought to sell tapes. So in his original ads he says he met a bunch of fierce unknown fighters who were direct heirs of the system used by Gladiators and more recently he's claiming it was rediscovered. i.e. he doesn't have to provide lineage. Which would be pretty impressive, 2,000 years of proven descent, better then anything in the West other than the roman catholic church. Christophe as he now calls himself, also seems to be in a dead heat with SCARS to see who can write the most over the top ad copy regardless of the merits of his system. About a year ago we were laughing about how he was overusing the term 'nuclear weapons' in his pitches. As 'I can turn your arms into . . . .' One of these guys who might be a decent fighter but after you've heard the pitch you need a shovel to dig yourself out from under the end product. It's just not worth the horseshit.

Comment

Comrade Bas? Since when did the dutchman go commie? I thought he lived in california not 1957 Czecheslovakia
                    Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

I for one welcome our new Ninja overlords.
                    -Whiteshark

I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob

Comment

Jesus Christ, sounds like Tony Little is pitching this shit. Could he use any more buzzwords? I hope this is just a trap and those dumb enough to purchase the product are dragged into the street and shot.

Comment

http://home.att.net/~erik.mann/cmrhbs.htm

Comment

Excuse me, but didn't gladiators fight with weapons? Doesn't the name itself come from the short Roman sword called the gladius? If I get swept by the net of a retiarius, will the tapes show me how to defend against his trident?

Comment

Comment

This guy has the dodgiest ads - one of the oldest I ahve seen from Soldier of Fortune circa about 1990 or 91 stated he was teaching "Combat JKD" courtesty of the afforementioned underground fighting circuit he encountered.
                              Also he had used experiemental soviet machinery (in eastern europe during the cold war) that allowed him to "download" years worth of training into his muscles in weeks.....

The best quote was "The amazing can't miss kick, does incredible damage even when you miss completely." There was also a claim that "All the special forces and other martial arts teach you the wrong way to throw a headbutt which will split your head open". I've headbutt a ot of things (including people) and I've never split my own head....

He also had the arbitrary open challenge that somehow he never fought on and claimed to be undefeated.

He has a boxing record of 1-1 (can find the record online).
                              Sociopaths are people too.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X